image description


Studio One Pro (Version 2) ?
  Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion 
Author
Message
muziksculp
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 27/01/2011 02:21:20
Messages: 105
Offline

Hi,

I'm very interested in adding Studio One Pro, as a second DAW to Cubase 5.

I have decided to wait until S1Pro is at version 2. Any idea when version 2 will be released ?

Thanks,

Muziksculp
[WWW]
dezacrator
Prenoob
[Avatar]

Joined: 14/01/2011 04:23:13
Messages: 95
Offline

We might see a 1.7, 1.8, 1.9 before that jump. But /shurg.

I do know their is a 1.63 incoming soon for a Windows 7 uninstall issue.

Scott Lee (ASCAP)
SFX - Audio Designs
Song Composer / Engineer / Audio Director
http://www.youtube.com/user/Dezacrator?feature=mhee
[WWW]
themuzic
Baconator
[Avatar]

Joined: 17/04/2010 05:42:47
Messages: 8703
Location: Wheeling IL (North Chicago Suburbs)
Offline

muziksculp wrote:Hi,

I'm very interested in adding Studio One Pro, as a second DAW to Cubase 5.

I have decided to wait until S1Pro is at version 2. Any idea when version 2 will be released ?

Thanks,

Muziksculp


From what it looks like not for about another year so don't hold your breath. There's still a few updates yet for 1.xxx so I'd get 1.6.2 if I were you.

http://www.homestudiotrainer.webs.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/themuzic
Email - homestudiotrainer@yahoo.com
Skype - themuzic
Phone - 773-303-7260
I offer FREE assistance for Studio One (any version) and Presonus hardware, to anyone having issues or anyone who simply wants to learn

Gateway Tower - Intel Core i5 3330 CPU 3GHz 8GB Ram and 64bit Windows 8
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!]
muziksculp
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 27/01/2011 02:21:20
Messages: 105
Offline

Another Year ?

If that's the case, I will wait till 2012.

(Hopefully, it's not the end of the world).
[WWW]
themuzic
Baconator
[Avatar]

Joined: 17/04/2010 05:42:47
Messages: 8703
Location: Wheeling IL (North Chicago Suburbs)
Offline

muziksculp wrote:Another Year ?

If that's the case, I will wait till 2012.

(Hopefully, it's not the end of the world).


I have it on pretty good authority that we're all stuck on this planet for a very long time or until we die (which ever comes first).

http://www.homestudiotrainer.webs.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/themuzic
Email - homestudiotrainer@yahoo.com
Skype - themuzic
Phone - 773-303-7260
I offer FREE assistance for Studio One (any version) and Presonus hardware, to anyone having issues or anyone who simply wants to learn

Gateway Tower - Intel Core i5 3330 CPU 3GHz 8GB Ram and 64bit Windows 8
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!]
talmen
Presonoid
[Avatar]

Joined: 28/07/2010 23:56:13
Messages: 3002
Offline


I have it on pretty good authority that we're all stuck on this planet for a very long time or until we die (which ever comes first).


Can anyone at PreSonus confirm this? I keep hearing rumors that the world is ending!

If it is going to end, I really want to know, cause I'll blow all of my cash on plug-ins, mics, PreSonus preamps and loose women if it is!
Field Kit:
MacBook Pro 9.2 i5 2.5 GHz, 8GB RAM,
OS 10.8.5;
A & H Qu-16, AB1818VSL, Alesis IO14 / IO26,
PreSonus S1 v2.6.2.25990, Boom Recorder 8.3.2

Studio Kit:
iMac 11.3, i7 (Quad) 2.93GHz, 8 GB RAM,
OS 10.9.3,
M-Audio FW1814, PreSonus Faderport,
PreSonus S1 Pro 2.6.2.25590
themuzic
Baconator
[Avatar]

Joined: 17/04/2010 05:42:47
Messages: 8703
Location: Wheeling IL (North Chicago Suburbs)
Offline

talmen wrote:
I have it on pretty good authority that we're all stuck on this planet for a very long time or until we die (which ever comes first).


Can anyone at PreSonus confirm this? I keep hearing rumors that the world is ending!

If it is going to end, I really want to know, cause I'll blow all of my cash on plug-ins, mics, PreSonus preamps and loose women if it is!


LOL.

http://www.homestudiotrainer.webs.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/themuzic
Email - homestudiotrainer@yahoo.com
Skype - themuzic
Phone - 773-303-7260
I offer FREE assistance for Studio One (any version) and Presonus hardware, to anyone having issues or anyone who simply wants to learn

Gateway Tower - Intel Core i5 3330 CPU 3GHz 8GB Ram and 64bit Windows 8
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!]
AudioCave
Presonoid
[Avatar]

Joined: 22/04/2009 13:02:36
Messages: 2325
Offline

Judgment Day! May 21, 2011 http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/may21/

But the rumor mill will go into warp 12 again probably in early March...
"Scotty! I need more power!!" "Aye Capin! I'm givin 'er all she's got!!"

Musikmesse Frankfurt: April 6, 2011

"Keep hope alive!" - J. Jackson (...that's Jesse, not Jermaine, Jackie, Janet, Joe or LaToya...)

Assuming Nostradamus was wrong when he predicted all this in 1532, we'll start all over again with Summer Namm 2011...

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 27/01/2011 05:14:43

Win 7 Desktop: I7 860 | 2.8 ghz | 8 gb ram | W7 Home Premium 64
The Audio Cave Website

Studio One Pro • Mackie d8b • Dynaudio BM5a's • M-Audio Audiophile AV30's • KRok Rokit 10s Sub • MOTU 2408 MK3 • Lavry Blue / Black ADA • AT 4050/CM5 • MXL V69 ME • Rode NTK • Oktava MC-012's • Shure Beta 52 • SM57's • Grace M101 • DBX 576 • Summit Audio TLA 50 • Art Pro VLA • Art Tube Pres • PreSonus DigiMax LT • Sony MDR 7506's • PreSonus ACP 88 • Behringer ADA 8000 • Firestudio Mobile • Altiverb 5 • Kontakt 4 - BFD / EZD • Roland D5 • Fender Jazz Bass
themuzic
Baconator
[Avatar]

Joined: 17/04/2010 05:42:47
Messages: 8703
Location: Wheeling IL (North Chicago Suburbs)
Offline

AudioCave wrote:Judgment Day! May 21, 2011 http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/may21/

But the rumor mill will go into warp 12 again probably in early March...
"Scotty! I need more power!!" "Aye Capin! I'm givin 'er all she's got!!"

Musikmesse Frankfurt: April 6, 2011

"Keep hope alive!" - J. Jackson (...that's Jesse, not Jermaine, Jackie, Janet, Joe or LaToya...)

Assuming Nostradamus was wrong when he predicted all this in 1532, we'll start all over again with Summer Namm 2011...



LOL!!! Well, I have no fear of things like this. I think it's humorous. Thanx for the info!

http://www.homestudiotrainer.webs.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/themuzic
Email - homestudiotrainer@yahoo.com
Skype - themuzic
Phone - 773-303-7260
I offer FREE assistance for Studio One (any version) and Presonus hardware, to anyone having issues or anyone who simply wants to learn

Gateway Tower - Intel Core i5 3330 CPU 3GHz 8GB Ram and 64bit Windows 8
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!]
dezacrator
Prenoob
[Avatar]

Joined: 14/01/2011 04:23:13
Messages: 95
Offline

The whole doomsday 2012 is still in beta testing. Who knows, it might crash

Best,
Scott Lee (ASCAP)
SFX - Audio Designs
Song Composer / Engineer / Audio Director
http://www.youtube.com/user/Dezacrator?feature=mhee
[WWW]
Kahlbert
Presonificator

Joined: 27/11/2009 14:17:13
Messages: 4778
Location: Germany
Offline

[Off Topic]

AudioCave wrote:Judgment Day! May 21, 2011 http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/may21/

This is pretty sad, to be honest.

I hope nobody thinks that all bible reading and believing people share this opinion - particularly since the bible actually says that nobody can know the time, and the actual end will be rather surpising (in my words, I'd have to look up the exact quote) ...

[/Off Topic]

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 27/01/2011 07:56:08

[WWW]
MarkusHassold
Presonoid
[Avatar]

Joined: 29/07/2010 09:28:03
Messages: 1170
Location: Germany/Stuttgart
Offline

Whenever the Earth is gonna end: DON'T forget to take a towel - and then you can still try to hitch-hike…….
Presonus Firestudio Tube,
Presonus Firestudio Project
Universal Control 1.7.2
Presonus Inspire 1394, Faderport, Bluetube DP, HP 4, Bluemax.....
MacBookPro 4.1, 17" ( late 2008 ),
2,5 GHz Core2Duo, 4 GB RAM, MacOS 10.9.4
External harddisc (3.5" - 7200 rpm) with eSATA connection through a Sonnet express-card.
Presonus Studio One Pro 2.6.2
Celemony Melodyne editor 2.1.2
db
Presonoid
[Avatar]

Joined: 29/07/2010 13:10:59
Messages: 1210
Offline

Muziksculp wrote:Hi,

I'm very interested in adding Studio One Pro, as a second DAW to Cubase 5.

I have decided to wait until S1Pro is at version 2. Any idea when version 2 will be released ?

Thanks,

Muziksculp


Only PreSonus know for sure but I would say MESSE 2011 in early April is a very likely time frame (IMHO) for at least an announcement for v.2.0


Kahlbert wrote:[Off Topic]

AudioCave wrote:Judgment Day! May 21, 2011 http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/may21/

This is pretty sad, to be honest.

I hope nobody thinks that all bible reading and believing people share this opinion - particularly since the bible actually says that nobody can know the time, and the actual end will be rather surpising (in my words, I'd have to look up the exact quote) ...

[/Off Topic]


May 21st?...that is total nonsense. Yes...If anyone can name the day you can guarantee they absolutely don't know it.
NAS
Prenoob

Joined: 14/01/2011 07:46:08
Messages: 46
Offline

Forgive me for asking this but....
Is there some kind of roadmap or announcement on the feature set for v2 or are people just wanting it to go v2 so the version number is higher ?
I don't really understand the reasons for asking ?
Well unless the smaller updates that Presonus do don't actually add new features and fix bugs (Which i'm told they do)

Just wondering
NAS
donov
Presonic
[Avatar]
Joined: 29/07/2010 10:54:56
Messages: 416
Location: Skopje, Macedonia
Offline

themuzic wrote:
muziksculp wrote:Hi,

I'm very interested in adding Studio One Pro, as a second DAW to Cubase 5.

I have decided to wait until S1Pro is at version 2. Any idea when version 2 will be released ?

Thanks,

Muziksculp


From what it looks like not for about another year so don't hold your breath. There's still a few updates yet for 1.xxx so I'd get 1.6.2 if I were you.


Another year, please say it ain't so, I was all warmed up for the next 3 4 months
i7-920, Asus P6T, 6Gb Corsair, M-Audio 1010Lt
Win 8 Pro 64bit, nVidia GTX560Ti

Presonus S1 Pro 2.5 64bit,
DCAM Synth Squad,
Melodyne Editor 2.1,
Slate Digital VCC,
Softube Mix Bundle

Presonus Blue Tube
AT4040
M-Audio Oxygen 8 v2
 
Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion
Go to: