image description


CJay is mad at Sonar
  Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion 
Author
Message
jlgrimes11
Prenoob

Joined: 23/01/2012 02:18:14
Messages: 19
Offline

Bub wrote:I get easily aggravated over anything Sonar related because I can assure you, however bad anyone in this thread thinks they were treated, I was treated far worse than you could possibly imagine. They've got some people over there with some very serious mental problems and that's all I'll say about it.

I'm gonna back on out of the forum here now. At least for a while.

I'm starting to feel that some unfinished business has followed me here and I don't want this place to turn in to a crap hole like over there.

Take care guys.

Shane


I got treated bad over there before as well before. Sonar forums could get pretty hostile but I don't think they were as bad as Reason forums. I think both Sonar and Reason kind of were viewed as "underdog" programs and if any user subtly even hinted at this, you pretty much would take a beating.

Bub
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 28/08/2013 22:12:35
Messages: 468
Location: Peculiar, MO
Offline

Glad you found something that's working for you jlgrimes11.

I'm almost done transferring my projects out of Sonar and in to Studio One. Once I finish that, I'm going to wipe all my HDD's and do a fresh install of nothing but my OS, Studio One, Sound Forge, and a few VST's / VSTi's from Sonar, but not Sonar itself. I'm hoping I'm not forced to install Sonar to register the VST's. I don't even need CD Architect anymore with Studio One's mastering capabilities.

"I'd rather clean all the bathrooms in Grand Central Station with my tongue than spend one more minute with you."
jemusic
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 16/12/2010 14:14:20
Messages: 286
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Offline

Hi Bub, I would be inclined to leave Sonar alone because a lot of their VST's just show up inside Studio One. You may be able to install some of them as stand alones but I am not sure about things like Channel Tools, LP64 EQ, Multiband etc etc. I use quite a few of those things in Studio One sessions as they defintely come in handy.

I have found that Studio One is not affected in any way with Sonar present. I have only got 8.5 installed anyway. Also it is handy sometimes to be able to boot up Sonar and open a session for some reason.

But the more you use Studio One the less and less you actually use Sonar as your main DAW. I have not opened Sonar up in over two years now.

[WWW]
Bub
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 28/08/2013 22:12:35
Messages: 468
Location: Peculiar, MO
Offline

Hi jemusic! Good to see you. When Microsoft Hotmail converted everyone over to Outlook a few months ago it somehow lost your email address, as well as a few others. That's why I haven't been in touch for so long.

Thanks for the reply.

I use Channel Tools and the Multiband Comp as well. I gave up on the LP64EQ for this reason ...



This problem may have been resolved in X3, I only own X2. The version I have is the one they said they fixed where the nodes were causing pops/clicks/dropouts when you would move them. Seems like all they did was raise the internal buffers but didn't actually do anything to streamline the code to make it more efficient.

There are a lot of plugins I use from Sonar. I use the PX-64 Percussion Strip on every drum, and the TL-64 Tube Leveler is excellent.

I also use some of the old Direct X plugins and synth's via a wrapper in Studio One. DX Tape Sim and Amp plugins sound really good to me, and all they are is a grey box with some sliders and text labels.

Yes, there are a lot of excellent plugin's that come with Sonar, but it seems as though they aren't doing it anymore and are leaning toward 3rd party 'bundles'. I want nothing to do with that whole Pro Channel thing that locks me in to one recording solution. No thanks. There's no incentive to upgrade anymore unless you want bug fixes, and $150 bucks is way too steep for that in my opinion.

I want it gone off my system though because I keep getting distracted and frustrated trying to figure out why it won't work.

I'm going to be collaborating with a friend over the net during the winter months. He's using 8.5, I may dig out my disks and install it, but I'll do an HDD image first so I can get rid of it when we're done.

And here I am again talking about Sonar. , which is another reason I don't even want it on my system anymore.

Thanks for all your help. I'm in a rush and have to leave ... sorry if some of this doesn't make sense. Didn't have time to proofread.

Shane
"I'd rather clean all the bathrooms in Grand Central Station with my tongue than spend one more minute with you."
Dijon2
Prenoob

Joined: 04/11/2011 17:23:23
Messages: 68
Location: In Los Angeles, about a mile from Krispy Kreme
Offline

Bub wrote:
Jon Samuelson wrote:I always thought that the Sonar forums had too much hostility going on there, and this thread just seems to revisit some of the ugly past. It would be a mistake to transplant that ugliness into this fine forum. Revisiting the anguish of others has very little entertainment value, in the long run, and only perpetuates unnecessary conflict.

Certainly, people do get aggravated with things from time to time, even here in S1 paradise, but we mustn't pull the tiger's tail, or reawaken the zombie threads of the past.


Funny, that's exactly what the zombie said. But it was nice of you to add pictures for those that are unable to comprehend words.

That happens a lot on the internetseziz.



I agree with Jon 100% (and Bub, thanks once again, for making the point obvious).

Pictures aside, it's the glib comments from the same folks over and over that gets tiresome.

Unfortunately, there are some folks who are spurred on by any Sonar-related thread, and now see fit to "hold court" here using Sonar-as-it-relates-to-Studio One as their supposed topic. Usually, though, instead of anything constructive about either DAW, you get posts like the ones filling up this 5-page-and-counting thread.

Speaking as someone who's been on the audio forums for about a decade and a half (and on this one pretty much since its start), I can say this is one of the nicest forums around in terms of attitude. .. that is, until you start reading one of the nasty Sonar threads. They are always started and kept active, it seems, by Sonar ex-pats, solely for the purpose of bashing Sonar and venting about a DAW that has nothing to do with Studio One or Presonus.

Please, please move your misdirected hostility over to the Sonar forums - or if you've been banned from there, then KVR. (The latter, at least, is used to this kind of behavior, so the over-the-top voices get drowned out eventually).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 30/10/2013 21:04:11

Jon

Presonus Studio One Prof 2.6 x64, Win7 x64, Intel i7 2600K, Intel DZ68DB, 16GB Ram, Radeon HD5450, SIIG PCI-e Firewire Card, Steinberg MRP816X, TC Electronic Desktop 6, Event ALP Monitors
zentatonic
Prenoob
[Avatar]

Joined: 21/04/2011 03:20:51
Messages: 65
Location: Fairhaven MA
Offline



dark, heavy and atmospheric acoustic rock http://mountainmirrors.com
[WWW]
Bub
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 28/08/2013 22:12:35
Messages: 468
Location: Peculiar, MO
Offline

Dijon2 wrote:
Bub wrote:
Jon Samuelson wrote:I always thought that the Sonar forums had too much hostility going on there, and this thread just seems to revisit some of the ugly past. It would be a mistake to transplant that ugliness into this fine forum. Revisiting the anguish of others has very little entertainment value, in the long run, and only perpetuates unnecessary conflict.

Certainly, people do get aggravated with things from time to time, even here in S1 paradise, but we mustn't pull the tiger's tail, or reawaken the zombie threads of the past.


Funny, that's exactly what the zombie said. But it was nice of you to add pictures for those that are unable to comprehend words.

That happens a lot on the internetseziz.



I agree with Jon 100% (and Bub, thanks once again, for making the point obvious).

Pictures aside, it's the glib comments from the same folks over and over that gets tiresome.

Unfortunately, there are some folks who are spurred on by any Sonar-related thread, and now see fit to "hold court" here using Sonar-as-it-relates-to-Studio One as their supposed topic. Usually, though, instead of anything constructive about either DAW, you get posts like the ones filling up this 5-page-and-counting thread.

Speaking as someone who's been on the audio forums for about a decade and a half (and on this one pretty much since its start), I can say this is one of the nicest forums around in terms of attitude. .. that is, until you start reading one of the nasty Sonar threads. They are always started and kept active, it seems, by Sonar ex-pats, solely for the purpose of bashing Sonar and venting about a DAW that has nothing to do with Studio One or Presonus.

Please, please move your misdirected hostility over to the Sonar forums - or if you've been banned from there, then KVR. (The latter, at least, is used to this kind of behavior, so the over-the-top voices get drowned out eventually).


I don't know if anything you've said is directed at me. I try never to assume that unless I'm mentioned by name. But I feel compelled to say that as long as Presonus allows a thread on their forum, I'll post in it if I want to. And so should anyone else without feeling like they don't belong here and should go to another forum. I'm pretty sure as long as they are ok with a thread, they don't want their customers to go anywhere else. Y/N/M?

But I do agree that Sonar related threads do bring out the worst in people, myself included. And that doesn't happen because it's such wonderful software and they are such nice people now does it? Rhetorical question there. As far as I can recall, I have only started one Sonar related thread here. It was a joke, and didn't even mention them by name.

I don't even understand why you said anything to be honest. The thread was basically over and had taken another direction. It's like you were intentionally trying to be hurtful on a personal level. That's the kind of over the top behavior that shouldn't be here in my opinion.

Oh look! A squirrel!

Bye!
"I'd rather clean all the bathrooms in Grand Central Station with my tongue than spend one more minute with you."
Bub
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 28/08/2013 22:12:35
Messages: 468
Location: Peculiar, MO
Offline

zentatonic wrote:



Wait a second here! What's Batman smackin' the Boy Wonder for?!

Holy child abuse Batman!

"I'd rather clean all the bathrooms in Grand Central Station with my tongue than spend one more minute with you."
Bub
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 28/08/2013 22:12:35
Messages: 468
Location: Peculiar, MO
Offline

Cool!

The squirrel is back.

Gotta go again.

Toodles!
"I'd rather clean all the bathrooms in Grand Central Station with my tongue than spend one more minute with you."
zentatonic
Prenoob
[Avatar]

Joined: 21/04/2011 03:20:51
Messages: 65
Location: Fairhaven MA
Offline

Penguins!
dark, heavy and atmospheric acoustic rock http://mountainmirrors.com
[WWW]
91lespaul
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 12/01/2011 01:33:08
Messages: 135
Location: N.W. Houston (Cypress) Texas
Offline

Hey DiJon2,
I have already admitted the created post is silly. I also apologized and stated that I will keep in line with the "harmonious" nature of the S1V2 forum. I can't do much more to eliminate this silly thread.

Thanks for your time,
Randy
Presonus Studio One V2 Pro x64
Windows 7 Home Edition x64
Intel i7-2600k @ 4.7 GHz
(3) 1TB Seagate HD's (OS, samples, and audio recording)
Gigabyte GA-P67A-D3-B3 MOBO
CoolerMaster Hyper 212 + Cooler
Cooler Master Silent Pro M 850W PS
16GB Kingston HyperX Genesis
AKAI MPK 61 MIDI Controller
Line 6 Toneport UX8 Interface
KRK 6 SE Reference Monitors
Sennheiser HD 280 Pro Headphones
Studio Projects B1 V.2 Microphone
24" Hannspree Dual LCD monitor Set-Up
Various VST Instruments and Effects
Dijon2
Prenoob

Joined: 04/11/2011 17:23:23
Messages: 68
Location: In Los Angeles, about a mile from Krispy Kreme
Offline

91lespaul wrote:Hey DiJon2,
I have already admitted the created post is silly. I also apologized and stated that I will keep in line with the "harmonious" nature of the S1V2 forum. I can't do much more to eliminate this silly thread.

Thanks for your time,
Randy


Hi Randy,

This wasn't directed at you -- and my apologies if you thought it was. You're right, you did apologize and tried to "calm the waters" a few pages back. A few others tried as well.

That was pages ago, unfortunately.


Jon

Presonus Studio One Prof 2.6 x64, Win7 x64, Intel i7 2600K, Intel DZ68DB, 16GB Ram, Radeon HD5450, SIIG PCI-e Firewire Card, Steinberg MRP816X, TC Electronic Desktop 6, Event ALP Monitors
Michael_Hennessey
Presonic

Joined: 31/10/2013 02:33:08
Messages: 105
Offline

Redacted... i will not speak of an other DAW on another DAW;s forum


not anymore anyway.


Michael Hennessey
Very Happy Presonus user

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 13/11/2013 08:47:51

The Above may or may not be coherent.
I take no responsability, whatsoever. LOL!
91lespaul
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 12/01/2011 01:33:08
Messages: 135
Location: N.W. Houston (Cypress) Texas
Offline

It's cool DiJon2... I now know about the haunting feeling of hastily written threads in forums. Just look at the delete me thread in the forum. It goes on and on..and on.....lol

Randy
Presonus Studio One V2 Pro x64
Windows 7 Home Edition x64
Intel i7-2600k @ 4.7 GHz
(3) 1TB Seagate HD's (OS, samples, and audio recording)
Gigabyte GA-P67A-D3-B3 MOBO
CoolerMaster Hyper 212 + Cooler
Cooler Master Silent Pro M 850W PS
16GB Kingston HyperX Genesis
AKAI MPK 61 MIDI Controller
Line 6 Toneport UX8 Interface
KRK 6 SE Reference Monitors
Sennheiser HD 280 Pro Headphones
Studio Projects B1 V.2 Microphone
24" Hannspree Dual LCD monitor Set-Up
Various VST Instruments and Effects
Bub
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 28/08/2013 22:12:35
Messages: 468
Location: Peculiar, MO
Offline

91lespaul wrote:It's cool DiJon2... I now know about the haunting feeling of hastily written threads in forums. Just look at the delete me thread in the forum. It goes on and on..and on.....lol

Randy


Hi Randy,

You did nothing wrong and have nothing to apologize for in this thread.

I question the true intention of anyone that denounces Sonar threads and/or the people that start and participate in them simply because there are so many of them and they are everywhere. Sonar threads are legendary on the internet and there is nothing in this one that even remotely compares to the vast majority of them.

I can't wait until the X3 Demo comes out and I do my full review of it here. The death threats will probably start again. Thankfully I have that nice big window so I can see them coming, eh?

Shane

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 31/10/2013 04:34:33

"I'd rather clean all the bathrooms in Grand Central Station with my tongue than spend one more minute with you."
 
Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion
Go to: