image description


Don't post your problems in this section, go to the section "Studio One Forum Community Support"
  Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion 
Author
Message
skip jones
Presonoid
[Avatar]

Joined: 28/07/2010 15:38:49
Messages: 1744
Location: Corpus Christi, Texas
Offline

Depends on your problem. If it's a hardware issue, open a tech support issue with your user account. If it's a "how to" issue post on the Studio One forum and see if you can get an answer there. The forum is full of folks willing to help out with basic and advanced questions.

Welcome
Skip
http://support.presonus.com/home

Windows 7 X 32 (SP1) : AMD Phenom II X 4 945
ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM
8GB RAM/1T SATA 7200 RPM

PreSonus StudioLive 16.4.2, PreSonus FireStudio Project, PreSonus ABVSL 44, PreSonus ABVSL 1818, PreSonus Faderport

Yamaha S-08
Studio partner - Jack Russell named "Skooter"
PreSonus Studio One Professional 2.6.2
Fishman Triple Play / Logidy pedal
lingyai
Prenoob

Joined: 01/10/2012 22:24:58
Messages: 61
Offline

Cheers, Skip. Yes, the overall helpful, friendly vibe here is striking. Hopefully I'll know enough one day to help others.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_VanH3g
skip jones
Presonoid
[Avatar]

Joined: 28/07/2010 15:38:49
Messages: 1744
Location: Corpus Christi, Texas
Offline

Clicked on the link...Nice!
http://support.presonus.com/home

Windows 7 X 32 (SP1) : AMD Phenom II X 4 945
ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM
8GB RAM/1T SATA 7200 RPM

PreSonus StudioLive 16.4.2, PreSonus FireStudio Project, PreSonus ABVSL 44, PreSonus ABVSL 1818, PreSonus Faderport

Yamaha S-08
Studio partner - Jack Russell named "Skooter"
PreSonus Studio One Professional 2.6.2
Fishman Triple Play / Logidy pedal
lingyai
Prenoob

Joined: 01/10/2012 22:24:58
Messages: 61
Offline

Thanks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_VanH3g
bluesilence
Prenoob
[Avatar]
Joined: 28/07/2010 20:32:19
Messages: 60
Offline

You say : don't post you problem in this section : go to technical support.

But there is no "Technical support" thread so ?
sunmachine
Presonoid
[Avatar]
Joined: 28/07/2010 18:49:29
Messages: 2629
Location: Germany
Offline

bluesilence wrote:You say : don't post you problem in this section : go to technical support.

But there is no "Technical support" thread so ?

The Technical Support Forum was renamed to Forum Community Support a while ago.
Find it here: http://forumsarchive.presonus.com/forums/show/36.page
MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 4 GB RAM | Mac OS X 10.6 | Studio One 2 Professional, 32 Bit
Sonic Core SCOPE | Pentium 4, 2.4 GHz | Windows XP@8 GB Compact Flash Card
tc electronic Impact Twin | novation Remote 61SL Mk II

Get 5 GB free GOBBLER space in the cloud for your DAW projects! For Mac and PC
[WWW]
bluesilence
Prenoob
[Avatar]
Joined: 28/07/2010 20:32:19
Messages: 60
Offline

thanx
zazoo1999
Prenoob

Joined: 14/06/2013 17:39:11
Messages: 17
Offline

I would like to, but when I go there I find that technical support is 'locked'.

Why is that?

My issue is that Studio One constantly does something absurd.

It crashes and when I try to restart it it tells me the "an instance of Studio One is already running"

Except it is no and a simply Control/Alt/Delete into Task Manager confirms that Studio One is not running.

Even a reboot won't always fix this.

This is absurd and happens constantly. Please advise when you will fix this.

And also why Technical Support is locked. Thanks
incognito
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 01/06/2012 23:15:26
Messages: 259
Offline

zazoo1999 wrote:I would like to, but when I go there I find that technical support is 'locked'.

Why is that?

My issue is that Studio One constantly does something absurd.

It crashes and when I try to restart it it tells me the "an instance of Studio One is already running"

Except it is no and a simply Control/Alt/Delete into Task Manager confirms that Studio One is not running.

Even a reboot won't always fix this.

This is absurd and happens constantly. Please advise when you will fix this.

And also why Technical Support is locked. Thanks





Hi, What's absurd is blaming Studio One for your problems.. I can tell by your post's and your statements that your pretty new to the DAW world.. so pay attention
1: If you had problems running simple installers for your vst's and in the end didn't know how they got into Studio One then you have lots of reading to do on how to Identify and organise your vstplugins folders--- Plural-- if you install VST3 plugins along side of the VST2 plugins
2: I'm afraid to ask but I'm going to any ways .. When is the last time you installed windows fresh a clean install ?
3: Are you running 32/64bit of Studio One? This adds a whole new level of things to be aware of regarding your vst's and if Studio One will see them or not .
4:These random crashes and ram being held even after a reboot probably means your due for a format and fresh install of windows ..
5: Relax everything has a learning curve and most people who get into computer based composition have no choice but to become a tech for themselves

Missing or wanted features aside ... In the end all the people who use Studio one use it for the stability and the speed in which you can create without worry for hours on end .


Good Luck
themuzic
Baconator
[Avatar]

Joined: 17/04/2010 05:42:47
Messages: 8703
Location: Wheeling IL (North Chicago Suburbs)
Offline

zazoo1999 wrote:I would like to, but when I go there I find that technical support is 'locked'.

Why is that?

My issue is that Studio One constantly does something absurd.

It crashes and when I try to restart it it tells me the "an instance of Studio One is already running"

Except it is no and a simply Control/Alt/Delete into Task Manager confirms that Studio One is not running.

Even a reboot won't always fix this.

This is absurd and happens constantly. Please advise when you will fix this.

And also why Technical Support is locked. Thanks


If technical support forums are locked for you it could mean 1 of 2 thing.

1. You are not using the right login that you registered Studio One with
OR
2. You are using an illegal (pirated) copy of Studio one

So either go find the login you actually used to register or stop using pirated software.

http://www.homestudiotrainer.webs.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/themuzic
Email - homestudiotrainer@yahoo.com
Skype - themuzic
Phone - 773-303-7260
I offer FREE assistance for Studio One (any version) and Presonus hardware, to anyone having issues or anyone who simply wants to learn

Gateway Tower - Intel Core i5 3330 CPU 3GHz 8GB Ram and 64bit Windows 8
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!]
zazoo1999
Prenoob

Joined: 14/06/2013 17:39:11
Messages: 17
Offline

That's great, thanks for your helpful suggestion (accusation).

My Studio One came from Sweetwater.com

I will contact them immediately to found out why they sold me a pirated version.
incognito
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 01/06/2012 23:15:26
Messages: 259
Offline

zazoo1999 wrote:That's great, thanks for your helpful suggestion (accusation).

My Studio One came from Sweetwater.com

I will contact them immediately to found out why they sold me a pirated version.


Don't take it personally.. In his defence those are the only 2 options...
zazoo1999
Prenoob

Joined: 14/06/2013 17:39:11
Messages: 17
Offline

Incognito. Thanks for your suggestions. However:

Sorry, I don't know what you are talking about. You seem to be responding as if I have a problem with VSTs.

I don't. I have all my VSTs working fine thanks.

The issue is that Studio One won't start because it says it's 'already running'. When in fact it's not. Not sure how that's something that can be addressed by being patiently further up the learning curve. Maybe you can clarify?

Are you familiar with Windows Task Manager? You go Control/Alt/Delete. Then it tells you want apps are running. If Studio One is running it tells you here. Maybe you are not familiar with this feature.

Studio One is the only app that does this.

Clean install?

It did this on my old computer. It does the same thing on my new one running Windows 8 which I got two months ago.

Does that help? Thanks.
themuzic
Baconator
[Avatar]

Joined: 17/04/2010 05:42:47
Messages: 8703
Location: Wheeling IL (North Chicago Suburbs)
Offline

zazoo1999 wrote:That's great, thanks for your helpful suggestion (accusation).

My Studio One came from Sweetwater.com

I will contact them immediately to found out why they sold me a pirated version.


Oh for christ sakes calm dawn. No one accused you of anything. Jeeze. I was giving you the only reasons why you wouldn't be able to log into tech support. It's those kind of responses that make some folks not want to even offer help.

Good grief!

http://www.homestudiotrainer.webs.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/themuzic
Email - homestudiotrainer@yahoo.com
Skype - themuzic
Phone - 773-303-7260
I offer FREE assistance for Studio One (any version) and Presonus hardware, to anyone having issues or anyone who simply wants to learn

Gateway Tower - Intel Core i5 3330 CPU 3GHz 8GB Ram and 64bit Windows 8
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!]
matthewgorman
Presonoid
[Avatar]

Joined: 24/02/2011 21:30:31
Messages: 3219
Location: Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey.
Offline

zazoo1999 wrote:Incognito. Thanks for your suggestions. However:

Sorry, I don't know what you are talking about. You seem to be responding as if I have a problem with VSTs.

I don't. I have all my VSTs working fine thanks.

The issue is that Studio One won't start because it says it's 'already running'. When in fact it's not. Not sure how that's something that can be addressed by being patiently further up the learning curve. Maybe you can clarify?

Are you familiar with Windows Task Manager? You go Control/Alt/Delete. Then it tells you want apps are running. If Studio One is running it tells you here. Maybe you are not familiar with this feature.

Studio One is the only app that does this.

Clean install?

It did this on my old computer. It does the same thing on my new one running Windows 8 which I got two months ago.

Does that help? Thanks.


Check the processes tab in task manager. If you close s1 other than file/exit, it will hang the process sometimes. You will see studioone.exe running. Stop that process and restart the program.

And relax a bit. This is a user forum. No one in here is going to fix the software, but many people in here can help with issues you may be having.
Matt

Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bt, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor
StarTech EC13942 34mm Expresscard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16839158010&Tpk=startech%20EC13942
S1Pro V2 (Special Dog Balls Edition), Melodyne Editor, Nomad Factory Studio Bundle, Waves Renaissance Bundle, Firestudio Tube, Faderport, Monitor Station, HP4 Headphone Amp Yamaha HS50 Monitors.
Shure Mics (57's, 58's, and a 1953 Unidyne), Various AKG, Various MXL Ribbon Mics.

1974 P-Bass, 1990 Jazz, 1985 Guild B302, Ampeg SVT with 4x10x15 cabinet

http://soundcloud.com/stars_apart
 
Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion
Go to: