image description


OT: Awesome job!!! We're all a bunch of terrorist's now...
  Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion 
Author
Message
Gizzmo0815
Presonoid
[Avatar]

Joined: 28/07/2010 21:18:43
Messages: 1149
Location: United States
Offline

2cthetruth wrote:222,307 subscribers to just one of his channels pretty much speaks for itself.


There are just as many subscribers to any of those independent journalists who hold an opposite view also. So does that make them right also?

I'll help you out.

No. It doesn't.

As long as we understand that the link in the OP is an opinion editorial we're good. Once we start discussing that type of journalism as fact, and using it to claim things that we couldn't possibly prove, we've left good logic behind.

There's over 9 million views of this LOLcatz video...I think there's a political message here we should be looking at.
Computer: Lenovo y560, 2.0 GHz quad core, 8 gb RAM, Win 7 (x64)
Presonus "Stuff": Studio One Pro, Presonus Firestudio Mobile, Studiolive 16.0.2, Faderport
MR4Y
Presonoid

Joined: 23/10/2011 08:44:32
Messages: 1275
Location: Araras - SP - Brazil
Offline

2cthetruth wrote:Yeah, good one! You guys know you keep this thread at the top every time you inject your silly comments don't you? Any who, we'll see who 's right when it all comes apart. Let those sheeple who sleep remain asleep. some just couldn't know the truth if it smacked em up long side the head.


And to think you'll change someone's opnion by offending them, questioning their intelligence and threatening them... Go figure.

AFAIK, you were the one that got offended all along by someone else's statement and started picking on everyone because they don't agree with you.
HP G42 | AMD Athlon II P340 | 2Gb RAM | HD 320 Gb | Windows 7 Home Basic x64
Presonus Studio One Artist 2.0.4 x86 | MAGIX Samplitude Silver Soundcloud Edition
Line 6 POD XT Live

How can anyone call something so divisive a community?
[WWW] [MSN]
Julia B
Presonoid
[Avatar]

Joined: 23/01/2011 23:09:59
Messages: 1244
Location: Seattle WA
Offline

themuzic wrote:I have to worry about the next 6 months and where we're gonna live. How I'm going to fight Cancer when my insurance runs out.


WTF??? I hope this is just an example.
Creation Station 400 Sweetwater Intel i7 Sandy Bridge 3.4 GHz
16 GB Ram
C:\ 500 GB Seagate 7200 rpm
D:\ 1 TB Seagate 7200 rpm
F: \ : 1 TB WD Caviar Black 7200 rpm SATA Libraries
Win 7 Home Premium 64 SP1
Focusrite Saffire6 USB

Studio One Pro 2.6.2; Pro Tools 8.0.5; Cubase 7

Sugarbytes Cyclop, Arturia V Collection, Ivory II, EWQL Symphonic Orchestra Platinum Plus, EWQL VOP, EWQL Symphonic Choirs, Komplete 9, AEON, Evolve, Evolve Damage, Evolve Mutations, Alicia's Keys, MOTU Ethno-Instrument, Addictive Drums, Yellow Tools Candy, Garritan JABB3, GPO4, Vir2 Electri6ity, Omnisphere, Stylus, Reason 6.5, Sony Soundforge 10, Miroslav Philharmonic & Choir, Waves Gold bundle, Maserati Bundle, Vocal Rider, Melodyne Editor, Sibelius.



MR4Y
Presonoid

Joined: 23/10/2011 08:44:32
Messages: 1275
Location: Araras - SP - Brazil
Offline

Gizzmo0815 wrote:
2cthetruth wrote:222,307 subscribers to just one of his channels pretty much speaks for itself.


There are just as many subscribers to any of those independent journalists who hold an opposite view also. So does that make them right also?

I'll help you out.

No. It doesn't.

As long as we understand that the link in the OP is an opinion editorial we're good. Once we start discussing that type of journalism as fact, and using it to claim things that we couldn't possibly prove, we've left good logic behind.

There's over 9 million views of this LOLcatz video...I think there's a political message here we should be looking at.


Coudl'nt agree more. And will complete with this phrase:

"If 50 million people say a foolish thing, IT STILL IS A FOOLISH THING!"
HP G42 | AMD Athlon II P340 | 2Gb RAM | HD 320 Gb | Windows 7 Home Basic x64
Presonus Studio One Artist 2.0.4 x86 | MAGIX Samplitude Silver Soundcloud Edition
Line 6 POD XT Live

How can anyone call something so divisive a community?
[WWW] [MSN]
Gizzmo0815
Presonoid
[Avatar]

Joined: 28/07/2010 21:18:43
Messages: 1149
Location: United States
Offline

2cthetruth wrote:IMO, I don't think that directing people to seek what is currently going on in this world is "nutty" and that is what initially started this thread.


That would be great if that's what was actually going on here.

What's going on HERE is that there was a link posted, which resonated with you, but not with others. When it was clear that there were people here who don't necessarily automatically respond to that kind of propaganda, you didn't like it and called them sheeple.

2cthetruth wrote:Maybe people should stop insinuating that people who seek the truth in things are "tinfoil hats."


Maybe people should stop insinuating that anyone who disagrees with those viewpoints are sheep?

Aha!! The foot is on the other shoe now!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/12/2011 22:50:56

Computer: Lenovo y560, 2.0 GHz quad core, 8 gb RAM, Win 7 (x64)
Presonus "Stuff": Studio One Pro, Presonus Firestudio Mobile, Studiolive 16.0.2, Faderport
themuzic
Baconator
[Avatar]

Joined: 17/04/2010 05:42:47
Messages: 8703
Location: Wheeling IL (North Chicago Suburbs)
Offline

Julia B wrote:
themuzic wrote:I have to worry about the next 6 months and where we're gonna live. How I'm going to fight Cancer when my insurance runs out.


WTF??? I hope this is just an example.


Sadly it's not just an example. We've been fighting this over a year now. It's a nightmare, I can assure you. But we'll get through it somehow.

But I still consider myself more fortunate than some.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/12/2011 23:00:52


http://www.homestudiotrainer.webs.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/themuzic
Email - homestudiotrainer@yahoo.com
Skype - themuzic
Phone - 773-303-7260
I offer FREE assistance for Studio One (any version) and Presonus hardware, to anyone having issues or anyone who simply wants to learn

Gateway Tower - Intel Core i5 3330 CPU 3GHz 8GB Ram and 64bit Windows 8
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!]
2cthetruth
Presonic

Joined: 09/02/2011 09:25:20
Messages: 323
Offline

Gizzmo0815 wrote:
2cthetruth wrote:IMO, I don't think that directing people to seek what is currently going on in this world is "nutty" and that is what initially started this thread.


That would be great if that's what was actually going on here.

What's going on HERE is that there was a link posted, which resonated with you, but not with others. When it was clear that there were people here who don't necessarily automatically respond to that kind of propaganda, you didn't like it and called them sheeple.

2cthetruth wrote:Maybe people should stop insinuating that people who seek the truth in things are "tinfoil hats."


Maybe people should stop insinuating that anyone who disagrees with those viewpoints are sheep?

Aha!! The foot is on the other shoe now!


Good one! People who believe the voice of the government saying everything will be OK, even though there is plenty of evidence that proves otherwise are sheeple.
Windows 7 64 bit
Intel 2500k
Asus P8p67 M/B
8 Gig RAM
Studio One 64 Bit
Echo Gina G3 Interface
2cthetruth
Presonic

Joined: 09/02/2011 09:25:20
Messages: 323
Offline

MR4Y wrote:
Gizzmo0815 wrote:
2cthetruth wrote:222,307 subscribers to just one of his channels pretty much speaks for itself.


There are just as many subscribers to any of those independent journalists who hold an opposite view also. So does that make them right also?

I'll help you out.

No. It doesn't.

As long as we understand that the link in the OP is an opinion editorial we're good. Once we start discussing that type of journalism as fact, and using it to claim things that we couldn't possibly prove, we've left good logic behind.

There's over 9 million views of this LOLcatz video...I think there's a political message here we should be looking at.


Coudl'nt agree more. And will complete with this phrase:

"If 50 million people say a foolish thing, IT STILL IS A FOOLISH THING!"


What is foolish about anything AJ is currently discussing? Can you post an example?
Windows 7 64 bit
Intel 2500k
Asus P8p67 M/B
8 Gig RAM
Studio One 64 Bit
Echo Gina G3 Interface
Gizzmo0815
Presonoid
[Avatar]

Joined: 28/07/2010 21:18:43
Messages: 1149
Location: United States
Offline

2cthetruth wrote:What is foolish about anything AJ is currently discussing? Can you post an example?


I already did. In my first response to the OP. Which you ignored.

The link is clearly an attempt to take a piece of news and misrepresent the document in question. They have taken several unlinked pieces of legislation, one of which was NOT passed and used them to support their belief (which is by definition based on opinion) that the military will soon be keeping U.S. citizens in detention without reason. Without mention of any of the OTHER laws that are already in place (and are staples of how military is structured and used) that directly contradict the ideas they're claiming. Additionally the use of filmed quotations by a bunch of random people on the street, none of whom we have any information about in an attempt to make it appear as though this is the opinion of the majority of the "common man", is so obtuse I can't even address it.

It is POOR JOURNALISM. Nothing more...nothing less.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 04/12/2011 23:20:57

Computer: Lenovo y560, 2.0 GHz quad core, 8 gb RAM, Win 7 (x64)
Presonus "Stuff": Studio One Pro, Presonus Firestudio Mobile, Studiolive 16.0.2, Faderport
2cthetruth
Presonic

Joined: 09/02/2011 09:25:20
Messages: 323
Offline

Out of curiosity, what are the other laws you were referring to?
Windows 7 64 bit
Intel 2500k
Asus P8p67 M/B
8 Gig RAM
Studio One 64 Bit
Echo Gina G3 Interface
reddirt
Prenoob

Joined: 22/10/2010 23:14:48
Messages: 42
Offline

This is a site to do with Studio One; by and large we have had a respectful community here. in part because we have stayed on topic.
It's not that i don't have opinion on the post but this is not the place for it.
Could i respectfully ask a moderator to remove or lock this thread and ensure the site stays on topic.
Cheers, Ross
Gizzmo0815
Presonoid
[Avatar]

Joined: 28/07/2010 21:18:43
Messages: 1149
Location: United States
Offline

2cthetruth wrote:Out of curiosity, what are the other laws you were referring to?


That is ALSO in my post. Which you apparently still haven't actually read.
Computer: Lenovo y560, 2.0 GHz quad core, 8 gb RAM, Win 7 (x64)
Presonus "Stuff": Studio One Pro, Presonus Firestudio Mobile, Studiolive 16.0.2, Faderport
synthphonix
Presonic

Joined: 04/10/2010 08:45:34
Messages: 411
Offline

reddirt wrote:This is a site to do with Studio One; by and large we have had a respectful community here. in part because we have stayed on topic.
It's not that i don't have opinion on the post but this is not the place for it.
Could i respectfully ask a moderator to remove or lock this thread and ensure the site stays on topic.
Cheers, Ross

2.5 GB DropBox Account.
This referral link will get us both an additional 500MB of DropBox space if you use it to sign up.
http://db.tt/tjSBkSJ
2cthetruth
Presonic

Joined: 09/02/2011 09:25:20
Messages: 323
Offline

Gizzmo0815 wrote:
2cthetruth wrote:What is foolish about anything AJ is currently discussing? Can you post an example?


I already did. In my first response to the OP. Which you ignored.

The link is clearly an attempt to take a piece of news and misrepresent the document in question. They have taken several unlinked pieces of legislation, one of which was NOT passed and used them to support their belief (which is by definition based on opinion) that the military will soon be keeping U.S. citizens in detention without reason. Without mention of any of the OTHER laws that are already in place (and are staples of how military is structured and used) that directly contradict the ideas they're claiming. Additionally the use of filmed quotations by a bunch of random people on the street, none of whom we have any information about in an attempt to make it appear as though this is the opinion of the majority of the "common man", is so obtuse I can't even address it.

It is POOR JOURNALISM. Nothing more...nothing less.


here is the bill :http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c112:S.1867:

http://www.aclu.org/blog/national-security/senators-demand-military-lock-american-citizens-battlefield-they-define-being
Windows 7 64 bit
Intel 2500k
Asus P8p67 M/B
8 Gig RAM
Studio One 64 Bit
Echo Gina G3 Interface
Dijon2
Prenoob

Joined: 04/11/2011 17:23:23
Messages: 68
Location: In Los Angeles, about a mile from Krispy Kreme
Offline

Sorry to hijack this thread (not)... But what do you guys think of Studio One,v2?

Jon

Presonus Studio One Prof 2.6 x64, Win7 x64, Intel i7 2600K, Intel DZ68DB, 16GB Ram, Radeon HD5450, SIIG PCI-e Firewire Card, Steinberg MRP816X, TC Electronic Desktop 6, Event ALP Monitors
 
Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion
Go to: