image description


16.0.2 vs 16.4.2 - The Hidden Differences - A lot more than you think (I Have Had Them Both)
  Forum Index » StudioLive General Discussion 
Author
Message
szurbrick
Presonic

Joined: 01/08/2010 23:22:57
Messages: 145
Offline

fredley wrote:
musiclee wrote:the one thing i wish the 16.4.2 had was stereo channels on the last few channels (at least 2 with RCA & 1/4")
so we wouldnt have to ride 2 channels faders and PAN for Keyboards, Synths, CD's etc...



You know that you can link two adjacent channels - works great for me.



You still have to ride 2 faders though.
fredley
Prenoob

Joined: 23/11/2010 13:16:31
Messages: 55
Offline

szurbrick wrote:
fredley wrote:
musiclee wrote:the one thing i wish the 16.4.2 had was stereo channels on the last few channels (at least 2 with RCA & 1/4")
so we wouldnt have to ride 2 channels faders and PAN for Keyboards, Synths, CD's etc...



You know that you can link two adjacent channels - works great for me.



You still have to ride 2 faders though.


Not true - one fader adjusts both channels when they are linked.
Sony Vaio Core 2 Duo
P8700 @ 2.53 Ghz 4GB RAM
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz I5 (2011)
Mountain Lion

StudioLive 16
Studio One 2 Pro
FireStudio Project
M-Audio Midisport Uno
Avid Fast Track C-600
FocusRite Scarlett 18i6
Akai APC40 & APC20
szurbrick
Presonic

Joined: 01/08/2010 23:22:57
Messages: 145
Offline

fredley wrote:
szurbrick wrote:
fredley wrote:
musiclee wrote:the one thing i wish the 16.4.2 had was stereo channels on the last few channels (at least 2 with RCA & 1/4")
so we wouldnt have to ride 2 channels faders and PAN for Keyboards, Synths, CD's etc...



You know that you can link two adjacent channels - works great for me.



You still have to ride 2 faders though.


Not true - one fader adjusts both channels when they are linked.


I've used the board for nearly 150 shows now Not on mine it doesn't. I have latest firmware (nonbeta anyway). processing works linked, but faders are not linked.
kibo
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 28/07/2010 23:08:13
Messages: 401
Location: Toronto, Canada
Offline

my board is not with me now bt i think you still have to ride both faders when linked.
Studiolive 1642, Tube Pre, QSC K12s, Imac 21.5 8GB 3.06 Ghz, MacbookPro 13" i5, Blue Spark Condenser Mic
musiclee
Presonic

Joined: 17/06/2011 17:51:31
Messages: 465
Offline

what's purpose of linking faders when you have to still ride both faders?
or do you have to ride both?

not on the 16.0.2, just 1 fader as channels 9-16 are stereo
Jason.Harris
Presonoid

Joined: 01/10/2010 16:19:09
Messages: 1649
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Offline

When linking mono channels together, 2 faders must be used to "ride" the volume.

On the 1602, 4 stereo channels are present and use a single fader for volume.

musiclee
Presonic

Joined: 17/06/2011 17:51:31
Messages: 465
Offline

please excuse my ignorance

so what's the point in linking 2 mono channels to stereo, (on 16.4.2)
when you still have to "ride" both channels ?
szurbrick
Presonic

Joined: 01/08/2010 23:22:57
Messages: 145
Offline

musiclee wrote:please excuse my ignorance

so what's the point in linking 2 mono channels to stereo, (on 16.4.2)
when you still have to "ride" both channels ?


It's a bit of a short cut but still allows EQ, processing, and balance to be linked. I'm guessing it's a cost saver versus allowing the faders to link.
MikeRivers
Presonoid
[Avatar]

Joined: 28/07/2010 15:44:52
Messages: 2247
Offline

musiclee wrote:please excuse my ignorance

so what's the point in linking 2 mono channels to stereo, (on 16.4.2)
when you still have to "ride" both channels ?


Just another "brilliant feature" of the StudioLive. It's of some value if you have a stereo source with similar outputs, like a stereo mic setup. I'd give up my pencil stub and rubber band if I could have gain on both channels change together when I move one fader.

Visit http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com for some useful audio info
"It's much easier to look for a magic solution than it is to adapt to reality." - Allan Sloan
[WWW]
musiclee
Presonic

Joined: 17/06/2011 17:51:31
Messages: 465
Offline

Mike,

put it in the Feature Request Section for SL
oh forgot, we don't have one...

but i think Jason is hard at work on this !!!
szurbrick
Presonic

Joined: 01/08/2010 23:22:57
Messages: 145
Offline

One rather low tech solution I've used in the past is a toothpick, cut to length, and gaffed to the faders. It doesn't look great, but it it is functional.
musiclee
Presonic

Joined: 17/06/2011 17:51:31
Messages: 465
Offline

wow, a toothpick taped to the faders?
genious but, that would drive me nuts
i think i will opt for the 16.0.2 instead
MikeRivers
Presonoid
[Avatar]

Joined: 28/07/2010 15:44:52
Messages: 2247
Offline

Visit http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com for some useful audio info
"It's much easier to look for a magic solution than it is to adapt to reality." - Allan Sloan
[WWW]
fredley
Prenoob

Joined: 23/11/2010 13:16:31
Messages: 55
Offline

MikeRivers wrote:


Too Funny!
Sony Vaio Core 2 Duo
P8700 @ 2.53 Ghz 4GB RAM
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz I5 (2011)
Mountain Lion

StudioLive 16
Studio One 2 Pro
FireStudio Project
M-Audio Midisport Uno
Avid Fast Track C-600
FocusRite Scarlett 18i6
Akai APC40 & APC20
fredley
Prenoob

Joined: 23/11/2010 13:16:31
Messages: 55
Offline

fredley wrote:
szurbrick wrote:
fredley wrote:
musiclee wrote:the one thing i wish the 16.4.2 had was stereo channels on the last few channels (at least 2 with RCA & 1/4")
so we wouldnt have to ride 2 channels faders and PAN for Keyboards, Synths, CD's etc...



You know that you can link two adjacent channels - works great for me.



You still have to ride 2 faders though.


Not true - one fader adjusts both channels when they are linked.


My bad - sorry folks - bad info!
Sony Vaio Core 2 Duo
P8700 @ 2.53 Ghz 4GB RAM
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz I5 (2011)
Mountain Lion

StudioLive 16
Studio One 2 Pro
FireStudio Project
M-Audio Midisport Uno
Avid Fast Track C-600
FocusRite Scarlett 18i6
Akai APC40 & APC20
 
Forum Index » StudioLive General Discussion
Go to: