image description

"AudioBox VSL Tips" pop-up window on every startup.
  Forum Index » AudioBox VSL 22
Author
Message
rufuslarsen
Prenoob

Joined: 31/12/2013 12:10:11
Messages: 2
Offline

This is getting rather annoying. When my PC boots into the OS and load up all my drivers, this box pops up every time even if I check the "Dont show this again" box.

How do I disable this?
Untitled.png
[Thumb - Untitled.png]
 Description [Disk] Download
 Filesize 264 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  842 time(s)

nelsonrowe
Prenoob

Joined: 23/01/2014 15:34:15
Messages: 2
Offline

I get this message as well, and it's a bit annoying. I just installed this device a week ago using downloaded drivers. Any fixes? It's not affecting any functionality, it is just annoying.
rufuslarsen
Prenoob

Joined: 31/12/2013 12:10:11
Messages: 2
Offline

nelsonrowe wrote:I get this message as well, and it's a bit annoying. I just installed this device a week ago using downloaded drivers. Any fixes? It's not affecting any functionality, it is just annoying.

I have found a solution. This should work with Windows Vista, Win7 and Win8/8.1:

>Go to Start
>Search and open msconfig.exe
>Click on the Startup tab
>Disable/uncheck programs related to Audiobox
>Apply
>OK

The driver should still work on startup, but the popup window shouldn't bother anymore.

Hope it helps

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 23/01/2014 20:04:14

nelsonrowe
Prenoob

Joined: 23/01/2014 15:34:15
Messages: 2
Offline

This worked once, then the drivers stopped loading after the first restart. Thanks for trying.

I suppose I will just wait for the next version. Hopefully they can sort this out.

Thanks again.
chris.dg
Prenoob

Joined: 27/08/2013 01:27:08
Messages: 4
Offline

Did the original poster ever get this resolved? I've been having the same exact problem ever since I first installed the product on my Win7 (64-bit) PC several months ago.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/04/2014 20:33:35

matthewgorman
Presonoid
[Avatar]

Joined: 24/02/2011 21:30:31
Messages: 3219
Location: Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey.
Offline

Try and rt click the program icon, select properties, and check run as administrator. See if that helps.
Matt

Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bt, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor
StarTech EC13942 34mm Expresscard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16839158010&Tpk=startech%20EC13942
S1Pro V2 (Special Dog Balls Edition), Melodyne Editor, Nomad Factory Studio Bundle, Waves Renaissance Bundle, Firestudio Tube, Faderport, Monitor Station, HP4 Headphone Amp Yamaha HS50 Monitors.
Shure Mics (57's, 58's, and a 1953 Unidyne), Various AKG, Various MXL Ribbon Mics.

1974 P-Bass, 1990 Jazz, 1985 Guild B302, Ampeg SVT with 4x10x15 cabinet

http://soundcloud.com/stars_apart
chris.dg
Prenoob

Joined: 27/08/2013 01:27:08
Messages: 4
Offline

FYI - Tech Support had me uninstall and reinstall the VSL drivers (a series of tedious tasks), but this unfortunately did not resolve this problem. They followed up with this response: "I apologize for the issue. This is a known problem and is slated to be fixed in a subsequent release. Please let me know if I can provide further assistance."

oh, and Run as Administrator doesn't do the trick either. Oh well, i'll just keep dismissing that tips window on a daily basis.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/04/2014 18:51:49

serstickman
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 17/03/2012 21:50:09
Messages: 122
Offline

nelsonrowe wrote:This worked once, then the drivers stopped loading after the first restart. Thanks for trying.

I suppose I will just wait for the next version. Hopefully they can sort this out.

Thanks again.

Don't think there will ever be a "next version" of their drivers till they upgrade the whole line next time.
Studio One 2.6.2, Logic X, Cubase 7.06, Pro Tools 10, Revalver, Pod Farm 1 & 2, Guitar Rig Pro 5, Kontakt 4, EWQL Symphonic Choirs, EWQL Symphony Orchestra, Studio Drummer, T-Racks 3, Slate's RC-Tube, , i7 3.5 quad core 16gb Ram, Focusrite 6i6, Blue Spark Mic, OS X 10.9.2
[WWW]
cristofe
Presonificator
[Avatar]

Joined: 12/03/2012 21:10:44
Messages: 3628
Location: Skaneateles, NY USA
Offline

serstickman wrote:
nelsonrowe wrote:This worked once, then the drivers stopped loading after the first restart. Thanks for trying.

I suppose I will just wait for the next version. Hopefully they can sort this out.

Thanks again.

Don't think there will ever be a "next version" of their drivers till they upgrade the whole line next time.

A new driver was JUST released less than a month ago and drivers are still under further development.

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon Processors, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2
HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz Processor, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro
HP Compaq NC6320 Laptop Intel Core2Duo 2.0Ghz Processor 3GB RAM Win7 Ult
Dell Latitude E4310 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz Processor 4GB RAM Win7 Pro x32

Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & FP10 Firewire, Steinberg MI4 USB, Line 6 Toneport GX & PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's

DAWS/VST Hosts: S1 Professional, Plogue Bidule, Xlutop Chainer, Sieb VSTHost & Savihost

Hardware Synthesizers: Roland SH-32 & XV-3080 RedSound Darkstar XP2, Novation X-Station, Yamaha AN200, M-Audio Venom

Hardware Controllers: JL Cooper CS-10 Control Surface, Yamaha EZ-EG, Dillion Les Paul style acoustic electric guitar with Roland GK-3 pickup and GI-20 converter.

The Rest: Guitars, Amps, Stompboxes, Mics, Outboard Gear, VST plugins...too much to list!
[WWW]
serstickman
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 17/03/2012 21:50:09
Messages: 122
Offline

I stand corrected. Here's what I don't understand. In Win 8.1, the driver works perfectly with Studio One & Cubase 7.5 but only works intermittently with Pro Tools 11.

However, if I take my old 2010 Line 6 UX1 and install it, EVERYTHING works just fine.

Wish my VSL 22 driver did that
Studio One 2.6.2, Logic X, Cubase 7.06, Pro Tools 10, Revalver, Pod Farm 1 & 2, Guitar Rig Pro 5, Kontakt 4, EWQL Symphonic Choirs, EWQL Symphony Orchestra, Studio Drummer, T-Racks 3, Slate's RC-Tube, , i7 3.5 quad core 16gb Ram, Focusrite 6i6, Blue Spark Mic, OS X 10.9.2
[WWW]
cristofe
Presonificator
[Avatar]

Joined: 12/03/2012 21:10:44
Messages: 3628
Location: Skaneateles, NY USA
Offline

The Line 6 driver AND the UX1 are both much less complicated devices than the 22VSL and driver. The line 6 driver doesn't have VSL functionality and the UX1 has MUCH less I/O options. Pro Tools is notorious for not playing nice with third party hardware. You're just lucky it works with the UX1.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/06/2014 17:39:08

[...]

Go to: