image description


Preamps overload very easily on 1818 ------->>> SOLVED! via Audiobox VSL 1.2 Driver
  Forum Index » AudioBox VSL 1818 
Author
Message
bobbybland
Presonoid
[Avatar]

Joined: 31/07/2010 05:15:09
Messages: 1268
Location: Florida or on the Road
Offline

Is this something they could fix? Allowing the user to bypass the pre's, or is technically impossible?

Sorry if I don't understand it as well as the others.
Software:S1v2 Pro Tools 10/Logic 9/Cubase 7- Awaiting Bitwig Studio, got a few synths..
Hardware: Mac/Pc: Nektar P6,Maschine
themuzic
Baconator
[Avatar]

Joined: 17/04/2010 05:42:47
Messages: 8703
Location: Wheeling IL (North Chicago Suburbs)
Offline

bobbybland wrote:Is this something they could fix? Allowing the user to bypass the pre's, or is technically impossible?

Sorry if I don't understand it as well as the others.


I believe a firmware update will do it. I just bought a Presonus Digimax D8 to use the ADAT port on the 1818 and I can drive those pres much better than the actual 1818 pres.

I hope they can fix it. I hate babysitting them when tracking drums. I'll be using the D8 for that from now on.

http://www.homestudiotrainer.webs.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/themuzic
Email - homestudiotrainer@yahoo.com
Skype - themuzic
Phone - 773-303-7260
I offer FREE assistance for Studio One (any version) and Presonus hardware, to anyone having issues or anyone who simply wants to learn

Gateway Tower - Intel Core i5 3330 CPU 3GHz 8GB Ram and 64bit Windows 8
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!]
beachside
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 29/07/2010 00:29:21
Messages: 297
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Offline

themuzic wrote:
bobbybland wrote:Is this something they could fix? Allowing the user to bypass the pre's, or is technically impossible?

Sorry if I don't understand it as well as the others.


I believe a firmware update will do it. I just bought a Presonus Digimax D8 to use the ADAT port on the 1818 and I can drive those pres much better than the actual 1818 pres.

I hope they can fix it. I hate babysitting them when tracking drums. I'll be using the D8 for that from now on.


I doubt the preamp issue will be a firmware fix. It sounds like a hardware issue from manufacture. I think Presonus could be handling this better........ given the lack of official response/s. Ignoring it won't make it go away.

I was waiting to buy one of these but now I'm looking elsewhere. Pity.
Focusrite 18i20. An '1818' that actually works as advertised and has great support!! But Presonus will continue the story it was all my systems and there is no hardware issue with the 1818 and the drivers are great.

Almost two years on and Presonus continues to say it's a 'top priority' but have no driver updates, make excuses and blame others (Intel, USB3 Microsoft, Apple and now the company that writes their drivers!) when other companies have it all working on the same systems!! And it so refreshing to get regular software updates and responsive and effective support!

And the 1818 does not have 'on-board DSP' as continues to be claimed.
themuzic
Baconator
[Avatar]

Joined: 17/04/2010 05:42:47
Messages: 8703
Location: Wheeling IL (North Chicago Suburbs)
Offline

beachside wrote:
themuzic wrote:
bobbybland wrote:Is this something they could fix? Allowing the user to bypass the pre's, or is technically impossible?

Sorry if I don't understand it as well as the others.


I believe a firmware update will do it. I just bought a Presonus Digimax D8 to use the ADAT port on the 1818 and I can drive those pres much better than the actual 1818 pres.

I hope they can fix it. I hate babysitting them when tracking drums. I'll be using the D8 for that from now on.


I doubt the preamp issue will be a firmware fix. It sounds like a hardware issue from manufacture. I think Presonus could be handling this better........ given the lack of official response/s. Ignoring it won't make it go away.

I was waiting to buy one of these but now I'm looking elsewhere. Pity.


I'm ok with it. I love how quiet they are though. I have had many of my clients that bought one return theirs though. Most can't handle the touchy pres. Just not very good for live work if you don't have someone watching the clips.

http://www.homestudiotrainer.webs.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/themuzic
Email - homestudiotrainer@yahoo.com
Skype - themuzic
Phone - 773-303-7260
I offer FREE assistance for Studio One (any version) and Presonus hardware, to anyone having issues or anyone who simply wants to learn

Gateway Tower - Intel Core i5 3330 CPU 3GHz 8GB Ram and 64bit Windows 8
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!]
bobbybland
Presonoid
[Avatar]

Joined: 31/07/2010 05:15:09
Messages: 1268
Location: Florida or on the Road
Offline

Does Presonus plan on commenting if this unit's pre's can be fixed in a firmware update, or is it a hardware issue,n won't be fixed?
Software:S1v2 Pro Tools 10/Logic 9/Cubase 7- Awaiting Bitwig Studio, got a few synths..
Hardware: Mac/Pc: Nektar P6,Maschine
themuzic
Baconator
[Avatar]

Joined: 17/04/2010 05:42:47
Messages: 8703
Location: Wheeling IL (North Chicago Suburbs)
Offline

bobbybland wrote:Does Presonus plan on commenting if this unit's pre's can be fixed in a firmware update, or is it a hardware issue,n won't be fixed?


I sent you a PM.

http://www.homestudiotrainer.webs.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/themuzic
Email - homestudiotrainer@yahoo.com
Skype - themuzic
Phone - 773-303-7260
I offer FREE assistance for Studio One (any version) and Presonus hardware, to anyone having issues or anyone who simply wants to learn

Gateway Tower - Intel Core i5 3330 CPU 3GHz 8GB Ram and 64bit Windows 8
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!]
Markemark
Presonic

Joined: 31/01/2011 03:28:13
Messages: 285
Offline

themuzic wrote:
bobbybland wrote:Does Presonus plan on commenting if this unit's pre's can be fixed in a firmware update, or is it a hardware issue,n won't be fixed?


I sent you a PM.


Wouldn't it be better to just post what you/presonus know about this for all of us to see, rather then PM one person?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 29/12/2011 04:47:23

themuzic
Baconator
[Avatar]

Joined: 17/04/2010 05:42:47
Messages: 8703
Location: Wheeling IL (North Chicago Suburbs)
Offline

Markemark wrote:
themuzic wrote:
bobbybland wrote:Does Presonus plan on commenting if this unit's pre's can be fixed in a firmware update, or is it a hardware issue,n won't be fixed?


I sent you a PM.


Wouldn't it be better to just post what you/presonus know about this for all of us to see, rather then PM one person?


First off, that's not for you to decide, Pal. But if you must know, I was PMing him on some tests I was doing in Cubase to see how issues translate and I didn't feel it was necessary to post that here until I had some hard facts.

I bust my ass to make sure I relay the right info to you guys (and sometimes still fail) but that doesn't entitle you to every conversation I have on a private basis. I wanna make sure of my details before I start emailing Presonus myself.

If you have an issue with the way I do things, call me directly. Don't scold me in a forum!

http://www.homestudiotrainer.webs.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/themuzic
Email - homestudiotrainer@yahoo.com
Skype - themuzic
Phone - 773-303-7260
I offer FREE assistance for Studio One (any version) and Presonus hardware, to anyone having issues or anyone who simply wants to learn

Gateway Tower - Intel Core i5 3330 CPU 3GHz 8GB Ram and 64bit Windows 8
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!]
Markemark
Presonic

Joined: 31/01/2011 03:28:13
Messages: 285
Offline

Just a question Johnny!!! Sorry you thought I scolded you.
Someone need a Bat hug?

I totally agree on not misinforming/misleading people on the forum, let us know when you finish your testing
MR4Y
Presonoid

Joined: 23/10/2011 08:44:32
Messages: 1275
Location: Araras - SP - Brazil
Offline

themuzic wrote:
Markemark wrote:
themuzic wrote:
bobbybland wrote:Does Presonus plan on commenting if this unit's pre's can be fixed in a firmware update, or is it a hardware issue,n won't be fixed?


I sent you a PM.


Wouldn't it be better to just post what you/presonus know about this for all of us to see, rather then PM one person?


First off, that's not for you to decide, Pal. But if you must know, I was PMing him on some tests I was doing in Cubase to see how issues translate and I didn't feel it was necessary to post that here until I had some hard facts.

I bust my ass to make sure I relay the right info to you guys (and sometimes still fail) but that doesn't entitle you to every conversation I have on a private basis. I wanna make sure of my details before I start emailing Presonus myself.

If you have an issue with the way I do things, call me directly. Don't scold me in a forum!


Not to get myself in the middle of something. But nowdays is either pulling "gonads" or punching them, isn't it?
HP G42 | AMD Athlon II P340 | 2Gb RAM | HD 320 Gb | Windows 7 Home Basic x64
Presonus Studio One Artist 2.0.4 x86 | MAGIX Samplitude Silver Soundcloud Edition
Line 6 POD XT Live

How can anyone call something so divisive a community?
[WWW] [MSN]
themuzic
Baconator
[Avatar]

Joined: 17/04/2010 05:42:47
Messages: 8703
Location: Wheeling IL (North Chicago Suburbs)
Offline

MR4Y wrote:

Not to get myself in the middle of something. But nowdays is either pulling "gonads" or punching them, isn't it?


What are you talking about? You're not happy unless you're in the middle of everything, even things you shouldn't be

http://www.homestudiotrainer.webs.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/themuzic
Email - homestudiotrainer@yahoo.com
Skype - themuzic
Phone - 773-303-7260
I offer FREE assistance for Studio One (any version) and Presonus hardware, to anyone having issues or anyone who simply wants to learn

Gateway Tower - Intel Core i5 3330 CPU 3GHz 8GB Ram and 64bit Windows 8
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!]
Markemark
Presonic

Joined: 31/01/2011 03:28:13
Messages: 285
Offline

MR4Y wrote:
themuzic wrote:
Markemark wrote:
themuzic wrote:
bobbybland wrote:Does Presonus plan on commenting if this unit's pre's can be fixed in a firmware update, or is it a hardware issue,n won't be fixed?


I sent you a PM.


Wouldn't it be better to just post what you/presonus know about this for all of us to see, rather then PM one person?


First off, that's not for you to decide, Pal. But if you must know, I was PMing him on some tests I was doing in Cubase to see how issues translate and I didn't feel it was necessary to post that here until I had some hard facts.

I bust my ass to make sure I relay the right info to you guys (and sometimes still fail) but that doesn't entitle you to every conversation I have on a private basis. I wanna make sure of my details before I start emailing Presonus myself.

If you have an issue with the way I do things, call me directly. Don't scold me in a forum!


Not to get myself in the middle of something. But nowdays is either pulling "gonads" or punching them, isn't it?


I think Johnny's taking alot of BS from people other then on this forum, that's why he seem's pretty spicy with his posts lately. He even say's in his previous post some of his clients are not pleased with the 1818 pre's, so might be a busy time for him negative question wise. I love the video's and look forward to his VSL vid's when he get's a chance

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 29/12/2011 05:42:11

themuzic
Baconator
[Avatar]

Joined: 17/04/2010 05:42:47
Messages: 8703
Location: Wheeling IL (North Chicago Suburbs)
Offline

Markemark wrote:Just a question Johnny!!! Sorry you thought I scolded you.
Someone need a Bat hug?

I totally agree on not misinforming/misleading people on the forum, let us know when you finish your testing


LOL.... No bat hug required, thanx. I just posted that because the Forum Notifications don't always work and I needed to get with him. He and I are also on another thread looking at some midi functions in Cubase we'd like to see in S1.

I've had some run-ins with a few newer forum members that piss me off, calling me an Elitist and shit like that. I was cowering in shame for a bit but now I'm passed all that and get real defensive when all I try to do is help.

So now i actually give out my number to folks that have a problem with me. None so far have had the balls to have a civil discussion. So now I'm of the mind that if you don't like how do things, face me or shut up....lol

But we're good Mark. I'll keep everyone in the loop like I always do.

http://www.homestudiotrainer.webs.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/themuzic
Email - homestudiotrainer@yahoo.com
Skype - themuzic
Phone - 773-303-7260
I offer FREE assistance for Studio One (any version) and Presonus hardware, to anyone having issues or anyone who simply wants to learn

Gateway Tower - Intel Core i5 3330 CPU 3GHz 8GB Ram and 64bit Windows 8
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!]
MR4Y
Presonoid

Joined: 23/10/2011 08:44:32
Messages: 1275
Location: Araras - SP - Brazil
Offline

themuzic wrote:
MR4Y wrote:

Not to get myself in the middle of something. But nowdays is either pulling "gonads" or punching them, isn't it?


What are you talking about? You're not happy unless you're in the middle of everything, even things you shouldn't be


I'm not happy at all. You discover this once you stick out in the forum from more time than necessary.

This is not a rant. But, people are getting quite sensitive nowdays isn't it? Pretty much every post has to have some "tension" going on, even if I'm not part of it at all.

I hope this forum doesn't turn out the same way that Gearsutz did.
HP G42 | AMD Athlon II P340 | 2Gb RAM | HD 320 Gb | Windows 7 Home Basic x64
Presonus Studio One Artist 2.0.4 x86 | MAGIX Samplitude Silver Soundcloud Edition
Line 6 POD XT Live

How can anyone call something so divisive a community?
[WWW] [MSN]
themuzic
Baconator
[Avatar]

Joined: 17/04/2010 05:42:47
Messages: 8703
Location: Wheeling IL (North Chicago Suburbs)
Offline

MR4Y wrote:
themuzic wrote:
MR4Y wrote:

Not to get myself in the middle of something. But nowdays is either pulling "gonads" or punching them, isn't it?


What are you talking about? You're not happy unless you're in the middle of everything, even things you shouldn't be


I'm not happy at all. You discover this once you stick out in the forum from more time than necessary.

This is not a rant. But, people are getting quite sensitive nowdays isn't it? Pretty much every post has to have some "tension" going on, even if I'm not part of it at all.

I hope this forum doesn't turn out the same way that Gearsutz did.


Well, it's posts like yours that start the trouble at times. Like someone told me, if you can't help, stay out.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 29/12/2011 09:33:48


http://www.homestudiotrainer.webs.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/themuzic
Email - homestudiotrainer@yahoo.com
Skype - themuzic
Phone - 773-303-7260
I offer FREE assistance for Studio One (any version) and Presonus hardware, to anyone having issues or anyone who simply wants to learn

Gateway Tower - Intel Core i5 3330 CPU 3GHz 8GB Ram and 64bit Windows 8
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!]
 
Forum Index » AudioBox VSL 1818
Go to: