image description


Omg, please do not bloat up the software.
  Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion 
Author
Message
MR4Y
Presonoid

Joined: 23/10/2011 08:44:32
Messages: 1275
Location: Araras - SP - Brazil
Offline

litesnsirens wrote:But this isn't a controller discussion!! That's why I haven't weighed in on it yet. It's why I haven't said that personally I'm not too concerned about controller support, and that I don't really think it helps workflow all that much. I mean how often do we really need to play with the faders that it's such an inconvenience to make a slight adjustment on screen with the mouse? Really? Sometimes (prior to DAW based recording) when I would go to a studio to record some songs I would be ready to kill the over-fader-happy engineer. I'd be like "man, can you just leave that alone." The only thing I really need to be tactile on is my guitar. Those are all the things I would say IF I was going to weigh in on the fader issue on this bloat thread. Now I did go and buy a faderport and although it works as it says it will, I'm not finding it's really saving me that much timeI It's cool, and shiny and the lights go on and off in different colours and it's great, but... I've been doing things with mouse for so long I tend to just go back to it and then in my mind I'm thinking "damn, I could have made that adjustment with the faderport." But thankfully for you all I'm only going to discuss the original topic which is bloat... and I've already made my point about that...
So Johnny, please stick around... and to everyone one of you... Happy Holidays!!!


Thank you for the Happy Holidays. The way I nedd controller support is for instrument playing and MIDI recording and automation, not mixing. For me that's very important, since I write MIDI and automation by hand for 11 years now, since I started tweaking with DAWs in FL Studio 3.
HP G42 | AMD Athlon II P340 | 2Gb RAM | HD 320 Gb | Windows 7 Home Basic x64
Presonus Studio One Artist 2.0.4 x86 | MAGIX Samplitude Silver Soundcloud Edition
Line 6 POD XT Live

How can anyone call something so divisive a community?
[WWW] [MSN]
themuzic
Baconator
[Avatar]

Joined: 17/04/2010 05:42:47
Messages: 8703
Location: Wheeling IL (North Chicago Suburbs)
Offline

litesnsirens wrote:But this isn't a controller discussion!! That's why I haven't weighed in on it yet. It's why I haven't said that personally I'm not too concerned about controller support, and that I don't really think it helps workflow all that much. I mean how often do we really need to play with the faders that it's such an inconvenience to make a slight adjustment on screen with the mouse? Really? Sometimes (prior to DAW based recording) when I would go to a studio to record some songs I would be ready to kill the over-fader-happy engineer. I'd be like "man, can you just leave that alone." The only thing I really need to be tactile on is my guitar. Those are all the things I would say IF I was going to weigh in on the fader issue on this bloat thread. Now I did go and buy a faderport and although it works as it says it will, I'm not finding it's really saving me that much timeI It's cool, and shiny and the lights go on and off in different colours and it's great, but... I've been doing things with mouse for so long I tend to just go back to it and then in my mind I'm thinking "damn, I could have made that adjustment with the faderport." But thankfully for you all I'm only going to discuss the original topic which is bloat... and I've already made my point about that...
So Johnny, please stick around... and to everyone one of you... Happy Holidays!!!



No, sorry man. I'm out on this controller thing. Presonus will handle it. My lack of professionalism and constant badgering over this issue has strained my relations with, not only Presonus, but most of the real vets that have been here as long as I have. It wasn't worth it.

But Thanx litesnsirens and Happy Holidays to you and yours as well.

http://www.homestudiotrainer.webs.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/themuzic
Email - homestudiotrainer@yahoo.com
Skype - themuzic
Phone - 773-303-7260
I offer FREE assistance for Studio One (any version) and Presonus hardware, to anyone having issues or anyone who simply wants to learn

Gateway Tower - Intel Core i5 3330 CPU 3GHz 8GB Ram and 64bit Windows 8
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!]
LMike
Baconator
[Avatar]

Joined: 19/02/2011 12:02:34
Messages: 8233
Offline

themuzic wrote:My lack of professionalism and constant badgering over this issue has strained my relations with, not only Presonus, but most of the real vets that have been here as long as I have. It wasn't worth it.


I can't speak for anyone else but I'd disagree completely and I think you're judging yourself way too harshly and/or being too sensitive about it all. You can be (and have been, imo) professional and still talk about things you think that need improvement.

So... no strained relations with me my friend.

Dude, I've seen you take phone calls from people for tech support so... I mean ... if anyone has an issue with your regular calls for better control surface support I'd suggest they maybe they aren't looking at your contributions in the proper perspective.

Greatly help and support customers (for free) 99.9% of the time and bitch about legitimate things the other 0.1%? Sounds like a win/win for PreSonus.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 21/12/2011 04:29:45

Studio One Tips For Newbs

"So.... Bitwig. I wonder what's queued up next in line on the drama list?"
nturner4
Prenoob
[Avatar]

Joined: 28/07/2010 21:45:14
Messages: 85
Location: Morristown , Indiana
Offline

Totally agree with LMike. I have been here for almost 2 years and from the beginning he has always been helping

however he can. Ya i am a Bat Fan
Antec 9 case
AMD dual core 5600 o/c'd 3.2 ghz
Asus M2N 32 SLI mb
4 gig ram
8800GTX ultra vc
Windows XP 32bit
HannsG-28 lcd
Dell 17" lcd

PreSonus Eris 8's
Presonus StudioOne Pro DAW 2.6
PreSonus FireStudio 26x26
Behringer Ultragain Pro 8
Behringer Powerplay Pro XL
PreSonus Eris E8 Monitors
Rode nt-1a
Wyntasumma
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 19/10/2011 09:37:58
Messages: 115
Offline

A definition of bloated up software found on wikipedia

Wikipedia:

Software bloat, also known as bloatware, is a term used in both a neutral and disparaging sense, to describe the tendency of newer computer programs to be larger, or to use larger amounts of system resources (mass storage space, processing power or memory) than necessary for the same or similar benefits from older versions to its users. Additionally, the term bloatware is used in common language for pre-installed, huge software bundles, mostly consisting of demos and trial ware.
Custom Built PC AMD FX-8150 32 Gig Ram Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit LOADS OF GOODIES!!!
MR4Y
Presonoid

Joined: 23/10/2011 08:44:32
Messages: 1275
Location: Araras - SP - Brazil
Offline

Wyntasumma wrote:A definition of bloated up software found on wikipedia

Wikipedia:

Software bloat, also known as bloatware, is a term used in both a neutral and disparaging sense, to describe the tendency of newer computer programs to be larger, or to use larger amounts of system resources (mass storage space, processing power or memory) than necessary for the same or similar benefits from older versions to its users. Additionally, the term bloatware is used in common language for pre-installed, huge software bundles, mostly consisting of demos and trial ware.


Alternative translation: Dell computers.
HP G42 | AMD Athlon II P340 | 2Gb RAM | HD 320 Gb | Windows 7 Home Basic x64
Presonus Studio One Artist 2.0.4 x86 | MAGIX Samplitude Silver Soundcloud Edition
Line 6 POD XT Live

How can anyone call something so divisive a community?
[WWW] [MSN]
themuzic
Baconator
[Avatar]

Joined: 17/04/2010 05:42:47
Messages: 8703
Location: Wheeling IL (North Chicago Suburbs)
Offline


Thanx for that guys. After sleeping on it and really thinking, I'm wondering if my real issues are stemming from all the damn medication I'm on and the fact that I still can't talk half the time.

Sorry if I've been a downer lately. And sorry to Jason especially for being a twit

http://www.homestudiotrainer.webs.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/themuzic
Email - homestudiotrainer@yahoo.com
Skype - themuzic
Phone - 773-303-7260
I offer FREE assistance for Studio One (any version) and Presonus hardware, to anyone having issues or anyone who simply wants to learn

Gateway Tower - Intel Core i5 3330 CPU 3GHz 8GB Ram and 64bit Windows 8
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!]
LMike
Baconator
[Avatar]

Joined: 19/02/2011 12:02:34
Messages: 8233
Offline

themuzic wrote: I'm wondering if my real issues are stemming from all the damn medication I'm on and the fact that I still can't talk half the time.


Medication? You're not like that bi-polar CIA agent chick on Showtime's "Homeland" series are you? (I'm joking of course)

That's a really great series btw, if you haven't seen it... a rescued U.S. Marine that may or may not actually be a Muslim terrorist.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 21/12/2011 14:10:57

Studio One Tips For Newbs

"So.... Bitwig. I wonder what's queued up next in line on the drama list?"
themuzic
Baconator
[Avatar]

Joined: 17/04/2010 05:42:47
Messages: 8703
Location: Wheeling IL (North Chicago Suburbs)
Offline

LMike wrote:
themuzic wrote: I'm wondering if my real issues are stemming from all the damn medication I'm on and the fact that I still can't talk half the time.


Medication? You're not like that bi-polar CIA agent chick on Showtime's "Homeland" series are you? (I'm joking of course)

That's a really great series btw, if you haven't seen it... a rescued U.S. Marine that may or may not actually be a Muslim terrorist.


LOL!! No, I'm not that bad off.......yet No, my voice loss is now being looked at as a possible symptom of cancer. But it's been a roller coaster because at one point it was positive and now it's negative. It's like playing craps with hand grenades....lol. So I've been really off my game the last few months and really depressed at times.

I've only hinted to it in a few threads but someone suggested maybe talking about it more would be therapeutic. Not sure, it's kind of embarrassing at the same time

http://www.homestudiotrainer.webs.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/themuzic
Email - homestudiotrainer@yahoo.com
Skype - themuzic
Phone - 773-303-7260
I offer FREE assistance for Studio One (any version) and Presonus hardware, to anyone having issues or anyone who simply wants to learn

Gateway Tower - Intel Core i5 3330 CPU 3GHz 8GB Ram and 64bit Windows 8
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!]
Wyntasumma
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 19/10/2011 09:37:58
Messages: 115
Offline

@themuzic Dang, I am sorry to hear about that. Ailments such as the one you mentioned are horrible I hope things become better for you.
Custom Built PC AMD FX-8150 32 Gig Ram Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit LOADS OF GOODIES!!!
Jason.Harris
Presonoid

Joined: 01/10/2010 16:19:09
Messages: 1649
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Offline

themuzic wrote:
Thanx for that guys. After sleeping on it and really thinking, I'm wondering if my real issues are stemming from all the damn medication I'm on and the fact that I still can't talk half the time.

Sorry if I've been a downer lately. And sorry to Jason especially for being a twit


no apologies necessary, Johnny! We really do look at things the same way for 99% of the time and, we're both trying to be helpful around here in our own ways. I appreciate everything you do and I also appreciate your passion regarding the issues we work on here. Keep doing your thing, sir!

In the meantime, we'll keep working together to find solutions to problems and helping this fine userbase enjoy Studio One to the fullest!

Cheers,

Jason

Wyntasumma
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 19/10/2011 09:37:58
Messages: 115
Offline

Disclaimer: I use to be with this company for many many many moons, (let me stress again, for a loooooong time) so I feel justified in what im about to say....

Another example of bloated up software is........ Sonar X1c!

I said it, I finally feel better.

Ok let the hating commence!
Custom Built PC AMD FX-8150 32 Gig Ram Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit LOADS OF GOODIES!!!
themuzic
Baconator
[Avatar]

Joined: 17/04/2010 05:42:47
Messages: 8703
Location: Wheeling IL (North Chicago Suburbs)
Offline

Jason.Harris wrote:
themuzic wrote:
Thanx for that guys. After sleeping on it and really thinking, I'm wondering if my real issues are stemming from all the damn medication I'm on and the fact that I still can't talk half the time.

Sorry if I've been a downer lately. And sorry to Jason especially for being a twit


no apologies necessary, Johnny! We really do look at things the same way for 99% of the time and, we're both trying to be helpful around here in our own ways. I appreciate everything you do and I also appreciate your passion regarding the issues we work on here. Keep doing your thing, sir!

In the meantime, we'll keep working together to find solutions to problems and helping this fine userbase enjoy Studio One to the fullest!

Cheers,

Jason


Thanx for that.

http://www.homestudiotrainer.webs.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/themuzic
Email - homestudiotrainer@yahoo.com
Skype - themuzic
Phone - 773-303-7260
I offer FREE assistance for Studio One (any version) and Presonus hardware, to anyone having issues or anyone who simply wants to learn

Gateway Tower - Intel Core i5 3330 CPU 3GHz 8GB Ram and 64bit Windows 8
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!]
themuzic
Baconator
[Avatar]

Joined: 17/04/2010 05:42:47
Messages: 8703
Location: Wheeling IL (North Chicago Suburbs)
Offline

Wyntasumma wrote:Disclaimer: I use to be with this company for many many many moons, (let me stress again, for a loooooong time) so I feel justified in what im about to say....

Another example of bloated up software is........ Sonar X1c!

I said it, I finally feel better.

Ok let the hating commence!


Dude, I can't tell you how hard I laughed...

I have no experience with X1. I haven't even had a client bring it in yet....lol. I wonder what that means

http://www.homestudiotrainer.webs.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/themuzic
Email - homestudiotrainer@yahoo.com
Skype - themuzic
Phone - 773-303-7260
I offer FREE assistance for Studio One (any version) and Presonus hardware, to anyone having issues or anyone who simply wants to learn

Gateway Tower - Intel Core i5 3330 CPU 3GHz 8GB Ram and 64bit Windows 8
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!]
csj
Prenoob
[Avatar]

Joined: 13/01/2011 07:51:39
Messages: 98
Offline

sup yea i been away for some time cus i had a ish going on with v2.0-2.2 where is just did not work for me but ver3 has not crash on me yet so im back to being a studio one fan boy lol but thank you to the users that took time out to help me BIGG THANKS : )


.....yea i muss say im a big fan of not bloating up the software to where it hurts the daw!!!! but thats not saying that i dont want anything new !!!! up dates on vst and vsti i think for this daw is a must imho.....my ideal daw

Stable

Good Work Flow

Cpu Efficiency

Good Stock Of Vst/Vsti

Has To Have At Least Basic Editing

And A Good Suppot Team

but thats just me
win 7 64/bit / i7 2600k / asus p8p67 pro
16gigs of ram / 2 tb WD / 120 SSD/pci card
Radeon HD 6870 /m audio projectmix
m audio ex66 / m audio 88 keystation pro
m audio fast track pro / m audio studio pros
korg m3 / korg microx / beyerdynamic dt880
 
Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion
Go to: