image description


The Version 2.5 bugs thread
  Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion 
Author
Message
jpettit
Presonoid
[Avatar]

Joined: 13/01/2011 23:44:45
Messages: 2211
Location: Portland Oregon
Offline

NickWeiland wrote:ok heres a picture of whats going on. also its now just recently saying its not recognising my interface. which is a pain in the ass.


This pictures tells me most of if not all of what was in your song is missing.
Cant really see your missing interface, but anyway It looks like all of your paths are pointing to the wrong spot or you have an install that went bad.

Does your Studio One/Options/Locations all look OK?
My Website
FRs: Tempo Detection & Mapping
Training Videos: Advance Melodyne, Creating Macros, 2.5 New Features, Signal Flow, Audio Timing Drum Replacement, Tempo Mapping, Useful Macros, Transformations, Layer/Takes/Comps
Simultaneous Audio Interfaces: Audiobox 1818VSL, RME 9632, Line 6 UX2, HF Presonus HP-60
DAWs: Studio One Pro 2.6.1, Reaper 4.5, Sonar X3c Pro, Adobe Audition CS5
Computer: OS:Win7 64-bit, Core i7 950, ASUS P6X58D Premium, 12GB DDR3 1600, GeForce GTX 470 (for CUDA) ,SSD Boot & Cache drives, 1 Tera 7200 RPM SATA II Audio & Video drives, UAD-2 x2
[WWW]
jpettit
Presonoid
[Avatar]

Joined: 13/01/2011 23:44:45
Messages: 2211
Location: Portland Oregon
Offline

graytermedia wrote:Not sure if this is a bug. I did my 1st multichannel transform from ezDrummer. Worked great, until I noticed a click. For some reason I left 'click in play' checked in the metronome settings, and it recorded the click in all 8 of the ezDrummer audio tracks.

I'm not sure how the click gets routed in. I thought the transform (bounce/render) was internal and direct from the plugin.

Any ideas?

Other than that, great update...

EDIT: It would be nice if the plugin output channel names (Kick, Snare, Hihat, etc) followed to the audio file name. I ended up with 8 audio tracks named "EzDrummer (1) - 8". Logic is able to carry the channel names through to bounce.

Terry


Just transformed a multi out EZ drum with Click on.
Cant replicate here.

Perhaps more info on how you have your click or the outputs of your enables EZ drum channels routed.
My Website
FRs: Tempo Detection & Mapping
Training Videos: Advance Melodyne, Creating Macros, 2.5 New Features, Signal Flow, Audio Timing Drum Replacement, Tempo Mapping, Useful Macros, Transformations, Layer/Takes/Comps
Simultaneous Audio Interfaces: Audiobox 1818VSL, RME 9632, Line 6 UX2, HF Presonus HP-60
DAWs: Studio One Pro 2.6.1, Reaper 4.5, Sonar X3c Pro, Adobe Audition CS5
Computer: OS:Win7 64-bit, Core i7 950, ASUS P6X58D Premium, 12GB DDR3 1600, GeForce GTX 470 (for CUDA) ,SSD Boot & Cache drives, 1 Tera 7200 RPM SATA II Audio & Video drives, UAD-2 x2
[WWW]
jpettit
Presonoid
[Avatar]

Joined: 13/01/2011 23:44:45
Messages: 2211
Location: Portland Oregon
Offline

Daw stew wrote:Can someone open the Spectrum Meter on a track and then move the mouse around inside the frequency area, you'll notice a lot of redraw slowness in the GUI.


Not seeing it here. ( Win 7 64 bit i7 950)

What Mode and what buffer size?
My Website
FRs: Tempo Detection & Mapping
Training Videos: Advance Melodyne, Creating Macros, 2.5 New Features, Signal Flow, Audio Timing Drum Replacement, Tempo Mapping, Useful Macros, Transformations, Layer/Takes/Comps
Simultaneous Audio Interfaces: Audiobox 1818VSL, RME 9632, Line 6 UX2, HF Presonus HP-60
DAWs: Studio One Pro 2.6.1, Reaper 4.5, Sonar X3c Pro, Adobe Audition CS5
Computer: OS:Win7 64-bit, Core i7 950, ASUS P6X58D Premium, 12GB DDR3 1600, GeForce GTX 470 (for CUDA) ,SSD Boot & Cache drives, 1 Tera 7200 RPM SATA II Audio & Video drives, UAD-2 x2
[WWW]
themuzic
Baconator
[Avatar]

Joined: 17/04/2010 05:42:47
Messages: 8703
Location: Wheeling IL (North Chicago Suburbs)
Offline

lindseykate wrote:Hi guys

I'm not sure if this is a bug but it is a problem. .. ..layers. I am recording a vocal track and want to compare different takes recorded to different layers. I know that the update means that ranges are promoted automatically when selected on a layer instead of the old "create range + double-click" to promote but now it automatically copies anything that I highlight on a layer to all of the layers, which I really don't want. Is there any way for this not to happen?


That is how it is supposed to work now. They changed it because so many people complained about it so now you don't have to double click.

http://www.homestudiotrainer.webs.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/themuzic
Email - homestudiotrainer@yahoo.com
Skype - themuzic
Phone - 773-303-7260
I offer FREE assistance for Studio One (any version) and Presonus hardware, to anyone having issues or anyone who simply wants to learn

Gateway Tower - Intel Core i5 3330 CPU 3GHz 8GB Ram and 64bit Windows 8
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!]
Deltones
Presonic

Joined: 08/07/2012 22:38:35
Messages: 134
Offline

themuzic wrote:
lindseykate wrote:Hi guys

I'm not sure if this is a bug but it is a problem. .. ..layers. I am recording a vocal track and want to compare different takes recorded to different layers. I know that the update means that ranges are promoted automatically when selected on a layer instead of the old "create range + double-click" to promote but now it automatically copies anything that I highlight on a layer to all of the layers, which I really don't want. Is there any way for this not to happen?


That is how it is supposed to work now. They changed it because so many people complained about it so now you don't have to double click.


Johnny, his problem is not the automatic promotion, it's the duplication of his range to all his other layers.
Computer: Gigabyte MB, I7, 16 gig RAM, Radeon HD 6550
OS: Windows 7 x64
Sound Interface: Orion32
DAW: Studio One 2.6.2 x64
PreSonified
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 12/09/2010 03:42:35
Messages: 268
Location: London, United Kingdom
Offline

NickWeiland wrote:
yes its enabled theres also a start up message saying the midi port cannot be detected. aswell as my interface not being recognised too. its all gone to shit.

Hmmm this might be worth a try...

1. Studio one > Help (menu) > "open settings folder". keep the folder open and close studio one.
2. Rename that folder to "Studio One 2_BKP" and restart studio one.
3. When studio one starts drag your existing license onto it from "Studio One 2_BKP"

You'll have to make sure your Options > Locations paths are good, etc.

Eg:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

See if this works?

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 04/12/2012 23:30:43

Windows 8 64-Bit / Studio One Professional 2.5.1 64-Bit
Intel Quad Q6600 / 8GB RAM / GTX 560 Ti 2GB / MOTU Ultralite (Firewire)
jpettit
Presonoid
[Avatar]

Joined: 13/01/2011 23:44:45
Messages: 2211
Location: Portland Oregon
Offline

Deltones wrote:
themuzic wrote:
lindseykate wrote:Hi guys

I'm not sure if this is a bug but it is a problem. .. ..layers. I am recording a vocal track and want to compare different takes recorded to different layers. I know that the update means that ranges are promoted automatically when selected on a layer instead of the old "create range + double-click" to promote but now it automatically copies anything that I highlight on a layer to all of the layers, which I really don't want. Is there any way for this not to happen?


That is how it is supposed to work now. They changed it because so many people complained about it so now you don't have to double click.


Johnny, his problem is not the automatic promotion, it's the duplication of his range to all his other layers.

Not seeing the behavior.
Perhaps a picture would help.
My Website
FRs: Tempo Detection & Mapping
Training Videos: Advance Melodyne, Creating Macros, 2.5 New Features, Signal Flow, Audio Timing Drum Replacement, Tempo Mapping, Useful Macros, Transformations, Layer/Takes/Comps
Simultaneous Audio Interfaces: Audiobox 1818VSL, RME 9632, Line 6 UX2, HF Presonus HP-60
DAWs: Studio One Pro 2.6.1, Reaper 4.5, Sonar X3c Pro, Adobe Audition CS5
Computer: OS:Win7 64-bit, Core i7 950, ASUS P6X58D Premium, 12GB DDR3 1600, GeForce GTX 470 (for CUDA) ,SSD Boot & Cache drives, 1 Tera 7200 RPM SATA II Audio & Video drives, UAD-2 x2
[WWW]
LMike
Baconator
[Avatar]

Joined: 19/02/2011 12:02:34
Messages: 8233
Offline

When he says "all other layers" does he mean "grouping"?
Studio One Tips For Newbs

"So.... Bitwig. I wonder what's queued up next in line on the drama list?"
themuzic
Baconator
[Avatar]

Joined: 17/04/2010 05:42:47
Messages: 8703
Location: Wheeling IL (North Chicago Suburbs)
Offline

Deltones wrote:
themuzic wrote:
lindseykate wrote:Hi guys

I'm not sure if this is a bug but it is a problem. .. ..layers. I am recording a vocal track and want to compare different takes recorded to different layers. I know that the update means that ranges are promoted automatically when selected on a layer instead of the old "create range + double-click" to promote but now it automatically copies anything that I highlight on a layer to all of the layers, which I really don't want. Is there any way for this not to happen?


That is how it is supposed to work now. They changed it because so many people complained about it so now you don't have to double click.


Johnny, his problem is not the automatic promotion, it's the duplication of his range to all his other layers.


I see. But that is not happening here so I'm wondering if he as all the tracks selected somehow. Better we wait till he posts again.

http://www.homestudiotrainer.webs.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/themuzic
Email - homestudiotrainer@yahoo.com
Skype - themuzic
Phone - 773-303-7260
I offer FREE assistance for Studio One (any version) and Presonus hardware, to anyone having issues or anyone who simply wants to learn

Gateway Tower - Intel Core i5 3330 CPU 3GHz 8GB Ram and 64bit Windows 8
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!]
lefool
Prenoob

Joined: 19/10/2011 09:42:19
Messages: 3
Offline

Hi,
Just installed, quickly uninstalled
All my previous songs (2.0.7) sounds different.
I need to remaster all the songs.
I can ear differences when i use some StudioOne VSTi (Impact, SampleOne) or effects (Compressor, Ampire, AutoFilter, TriComp, EQ).
I think the presets are not restored like it was saved in 2.0.7 or the VSTi/Effect sound different with the same parameters.

And i have another problem with Latency. i have to use S1 with 256 or 512 samples block. When i use an effect who need a perfect synchro (on master bus), this effect lost synchro and make pop and crackles. I had this PB with 2.0.6, but was resolved in 2.0.7 and reappear in 2.5.

I think i have to wait a little before switching to 2.5 ...

Hope i help a little and sorry for my poor english speaking.

PS : MacBook 8Go / SnowLeopard / Core2Duo 2GHz

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/12/2012 23:52:56

MacBook Unibody 13" / Core 2 duo 2GHz / 8Go / 160Go
MAC OSX Snow Leopard
Presonus StudioOne V1 / V2
lindseykate
Prenoob
[Avatar]

Joined: 02/10/2010 14:34:30
Messages: 49
Location: UK
Offline

The plot thickens....I opened up a brand new song to see if the same thing happened there. I recorded a vocal track and as soon as I pressed stop recording another layer automatically opened up underneath saying layer 2. This was an exact copy of what I had just recorded but I don't know why it appeared. I then attempted to add a layer and again when I pressed stop recording, another layer appeared..so although I have only recorded two takes at this point, I have four layers. It seems to be doubling up everything I record. The highlighting thing is still an issue too, I highlight one part and it automatically copies to all of the layers. I've tried downloading the update again but no luck.
Presonus Studio One Pro Version 2.5

Sound Devices:
Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP
Presonus Audiobox USB
Macbook Pro OS X
Version 10.6.8
Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3
BUS SPEED 1.07 GHz

Mic: Blue Blueberry

Various plugins


[Email] [WWW]
graytermedia
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 18/10/2011 15:52:18
Messages: 322
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Offline

jpettit wrote:
graytermedia wrote:Not sure if this is a bug. I did my 1st multichannel transform from ezDrummer. Worked great, until I noticed a click. For some reason I left 'click in play' checked in the metronome settings, and it recorded the click in all 8 of the ezDrummer audio tracks.

I'm not sure how the click gets routed in. I thought the transform (bounce/render) was internal and direct from the plugin.

Any ideas?

Other than that, great update...

EDIT: It would be nice if the plugin output channel names (Kick, Snare, Hihat, etc) followed to the audio file name. I ended up with 8 audio tracks named "EzDrummer (1) - 8". Logic is able to carry the channel names through to bounce.

Terry


Just transformed a multi out EZ drum with Click on.
Cant replicate here.

Perhaps more info on how you have your click or the outputs of your enables EZ drum channels routed.


Thanks. I just tried it again and couldn't reproduce the problem. Not sure what it was and I may have mistaken the midi info imbedded in the file for click audio.

All is well and thanks for looking into it.

Again, great update...

Terry
i7-3770K 3.5GHz Hackintosh | 32 GB | NVIDIA GTX 680
MBP 17" 2.53 GHz i5 | 8 GB | OSX 10.7.5
Apogee DUET | PreSonus FIREPOD (FP10) | MASCHINE MK2 | FADERPORT |
M-Audio Axiom 61 | KRK Rokit 6 Monitors
Studio One v2, Logic Pro 9, Pro Tools 10, Ableton Live, REAPER 4
[WWW]
Daw stew
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 11/10/2012 14:04:16
Messages: 957
Offline

Hi, that is not a bug but how it works, your most recent take is on the track but also a later as well. If you record a few more layers your most recent layer will be the active one promoted to the top.
Windows 7 x64
Core2Duo E4300 Cpu
4gb DDR2 RAM
ASUS P5B-E motherboard
Nvidia graphics card
detachment
Presonic

Joined: 14/02/2012 20:13:42
Messages: 152
Offline

When opening new empty song project, my cpu idles at 3%. Before it was at 0%. What's that all about?
http://glacialmovements.bandcamp.com/album/calm-before-the-storm
NickWeiland
Presonoid
[Avatar]

Joined: 04/08/2012 20:33:05
Messages: 1050
Location: United Kingdom of Hypocracy
Offline

PreSonified wrote:
NickWeiland wrote:
yes its enabled theres also a start up message saying the midi port cannot be detected. aswell as my interface not being recognised too. its all gone to shit.

Hmmm this might be worth a try...

1. Studio one > Help (menu) > "open settings folder". keep the folder open and close studio one.
2. Rename that folder to "Studio One 2_BKP" and restart studio one.
3. When studio one starts drag your existing license onto it from "Studio One 2_BKP"

You'll have to make sure your Options > Locations paths are good, etc.

Eg:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

See if this works?


right theres a fault with the install then because i have my drive partitioned it doesnt remember the saved sound sets from the previous version a very important bug!!! i had to relocate the sound sets. but i still get the same error message i got a new error message the first time i changed the folder.
Computer: Asus Sabertooth x79 MOBO, 64 gb vengance Ram, 4gb windforce gigabyte Oc edition graphics card, processor: intel i7 3930 3.8 ghz 6 core, startech firewire card.
Laptop:Hp Pavilion Laptop G6 series amd 2.66 ghz quad core processor,256mb graphics card Ati,8 gb ddr3 ram,750gb Hybrid Drive;Audio Interface;Roland Octa-Capture,8 Mic pres,10 ins/outs, 44.1, 48, 98, 192 khz,Monitors:Adam a7xs,OS:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit, Windows 8 Professional,Daw:Studio One Professional 64 bit version,Cubase 6.5,Plugins:Jbridge, Waves platinum bundle, Fabfilter bundleVst Instrumen,BFD2 64bit, Alchemy, East West Symphonic Orchestra.
[MSN]
 
Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion
Go to: