image description


Version 2
  Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion 
Author
Message
PURPLE
Prenoob

Joined: 14/10/2011 03:38:20
Messages: 16
Offline

nk_e wrote:I took a closer look at the screen shot...some interesting things a foot it seems. GUI looks largely the same, but at least the blue-ish tint is toned down a bit (grasping for something here).

two more days! two more days! two more days....!

EDIT: On second thought, it looks pretty much the same color wise. refinements, but nothing radical.

don't get me wrong. I basically like the interface. it's usable. it's pretty efficient. just wish it could be tweaked a bit color palette wise. I couldn't agree with you more, but it runs real smooth

brandall
Presonic

Joined: 30/06/2011 18:59:02
Messages: 221
Offline

replay707 wrote:Wow, you have an excuse for everything! Why is it you assume the request to GC will be received unfavorably? Hopefully there are professionals within that organization that have integrity, and would be more then willing to comply with the request. The question must be asked, was it even attempted by Presonus?
An excuse? Not sure why you say that. That's just how it is. Stores release items early all the time.

I don't know if they put in a call to stores. It doesn't stop the leak because the leak already happened before they knew about it. Nothing they can do to go back and change it. Nor am I saying that the stores wouldn't comply. Just that they can't really punish the stores for it without possibly hurting themselves.

Brent
Custom Built Intel Core i5, 16GB Corsair RAM, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, 750GB Seagate Barracuda system drive, 1.5TB Seagate Barracuda samples drive, Focusrite Saffire Pro 24, M-Audio Keystation 88 Pro, Edirol PCR-M50, M-Audio Oxygen 25
Stephan326
Presonic

Joined: 30/04/2009 19:16:02
Messages: 140
Offline

When I worked in music retail if we put a new cd on the shelf before street date we would get our shipments held back by the distributors of those record labels until the street date.
Win 7 64bit OS
AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2Ghz
12GB RAM
Presonus Inspire1394 Firewire
Echo MiaMIDI PCI Card
TonePort USB
1TB SATA3 6.0GB HDD / 250GB SATA2 3.0 HDD

brandall
Presonic

Joined: 30/06/2011 18:59:02
Messages: 221
Offline

nk_e wrote:They've been totally reasonable about this discussion, more so than the morality knights.

I also find it a little disturbing that folks taking a public stance against sharing this info are PMing trying to get screenshots and other stuff. What's up with that???

Well, not sure who is or is not asking for screenshots. I certainly am not. As for being a "morality knight", I think you may be perhaps overreacting yourself a bit.

Nobody is wanting anyone to get in trouble. At least I don't. I can absolutely understand the excitement and the desire to seek out leaks and even share them. My ONLY problem is that somebody from Presonus specifically asked for people not to speak about it or share screenshots, and they did.

It is cause for an uproar? Probably not. I don't mean to make it one myself. It was just a bit rude to ignore the polite requests. Presonus was a bit sloppy with their resources, and that's their fault. But read my post previously, I would hate for somebody to get incorrect or incomplete information because somebody was so eager to share their short term findings.

I don't think that's unreasonable, do you?

Regardless, I'm glad there is excitement for V2. I think a lot of people will be very happy with it, and they just can't wait to see what's new. Perfectly understandable! It's nothing personal.

Brent
Custom Built Intel Core i5, 16GB Corsair RAM, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, 750GB Seagate Barracuda system drive, 1.5TB Seagate Barracuda samples drive, Focusrite Saffire Pro 24, M-Audio Keystation 88 Pro, Edirol PCR-M50, M-Audio Oxygen 25
black cow
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 12/09/2011 19:48:07
Messages: 133
Location: Kanuckistan
Offline

bm3w wrote:Are you guys really scratching your heads over a silly screenshot from a server that is technically available to everyone with internet access? C'mon this is not fu••ing Apple...


Well then who is it Fu**ing?

Drink your big black cow
And get out of here.
Kahlbert
Presonificator

Joined: 27/11/2009 14:17:13
Messages: 4778
Location: Germany
Offline

Actually, this world could use some more sincere "morality knights", if you ask me ...
[WWW]
nk_e
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 29/07/2010 01:53:38
Messages: 256
Location: MD, USA
Offline

brandall wrote:
nk_e wrote:They've been totally reasonable about this discussion, more so than the morality knights.

I also find it a little disturbing that folks taking a public stance against sharing this info are PMing trying to get screenshots and other stuff. What's up with that???

Well, not sure who is or is not asking for screenshots. I certainly am not. As for being a "morality knight", I think you may be perhaps overreacting yourself a bit.

>snip<

Brent


You may be right. (That's what I meant by "taking off my chain mail".) No offense meant. Now....

Let's Get To Tuesday Already!!!!
If you want EUCON Support.. Go http://forums.presonus.com/posts/list/19149.page

12 core 2.66ghz Mac 5,1 | 14 GB RAM | OS 10.8.2 | S1Pro 2.5.1 | Cubase 7 | DP 8.0.1 | Reason 6.5 |

www.gesslr.com
twitter.com/gesslr
soundcloud.com/gesslr
[WWW]
black cow
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 12/09/2011 19:48:07
Messages: 133
Location: Kanuckistan
Offline

Kahlbert wrote:Actually, this world could use some more sincere "morality knights", if you ask me ...


Agreed; especially on the internet.
replay707
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 13/09/2011 18:18:24
Messages: 100
Location: Arizona
Offline

brandall wrote:
replay707 wrote:Wow, you have an excuse for everything! Why is it you assume the request to GC will be received unfavorably? Hopefully there are professionals within that organization that have integrity, and would be more then willing to comply with the request. The question must be asked, was it even attempted by Presonus?
An excuse? Not sure why you say that. That's just how it is. Stores release items early all the time.

I don't know if they put in a call to stores. It doesn't stop the leak because the leak already happened before they knew about it. Nothing they can do to go back and change it. Nor am I saying that the stores wouldn't comply. Just that they can't really punish the stores for it without possibly hurting themselves.

Brent


So requesting they stop the sale of the software until release date is punishing the store! What planet do you live on? Let's assume that the official sale of the product is to take place on Nov 1, then you don't think it is reasonable for Presonus to have them stop their sales because the damage has already been done? You also imply Presonus would hurt themselves for fixing a mistake GC made? You my friend should seriously consider going into politics!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 16/10/2011 19:44:57

Computer: iMac 27" i5 Quad Core 2.66 Ghz with 4Gb of 1067 DDR3 Ram
OS: OSX 10.7.2
Interface: MOTU Ultralite mk3
DAWS: Presonus Studio One 2 Pro v2.02, Pro Tools 9.03, Logic 9.1.5
Avatar by Alex Grey
brandall
Presonic

Joined: 30/06/2011 18:59:02
Messages: 221
Offline

replay707 wrote:

So requesting they stop the sale of the software until release date is punishing the store! What planet do you live on? Let's assume that the official sale of the product is to take place on Nov 1, then you don't think it is reasonable for Presonus to have them stop their sales because the damage has already been done? You also imply Presonus would hurt themselves for fixing a mistake GC made? You my friend should seriously consider going into politics!

No, you misunderstood what I said. Asking that they stop the sale of the software isn't punishment. I said that the only way to truly put pressure on stores to never release something early is to threaten punishment as I mentioned above. They can't stop a store from putting it out early, and the only way to really pressure a store to always pay attention to release dates is to have some kind of punishment(likely whatever is stated in their contract).

Presonus won't "punish" GC in any major way because it's not like the entire chain broke the rules, and they don't want to hurt the relationship over what was very likely a simple mistake in certain stores.

Not sure why you're trying to read more into what I said. You're twisting my words.

Brent
Custom Built Intel Core i5, 16GB Corsair RAM, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, 750GB Seagate Barracuda system drive, 1.5TB Seagate Barracuda samples drive, Focusrite Saffire Pro 24, M-Audio Keystation 88 Pro, Edirol PCR-M50, M-Audio Oxygen 25
LMike
Baconator
[Avatar]

Joined: 19/02/2011 12:02:34
Messages: 8233
Offline

brandall wrote:

Not sure why you're trying to read more into what I said. You're twisting my words.

Brent


Hey my friend... maybe it's time to walk away from the chalupa. I'm drafting my New Year's resolutions already and I think ...

"I will always be wrong on the Internet (and let others have the last word)"

... will probably make the top 5 list.
Studio One Tips For Newbs

"So.... Bitwig. I wonder what's queued up next in line on the drama list?"
Motoko
Baconator
[Avatar]

Joined: 25/04/2009 08:29:34
Messages: 8086
Location: Amersfoort, The Netherlands
Offline

[shakes his head] Oh my, what are the kids up to these days. Just a couple of days to have some serious trainwreck threads on these here boards...

Let's hope the full moon is over soon and we have v2 to keep us busy and making music. Instead of causing havoc on forums initially created to help folks out get the most out of their products...
Mac OS X 10.9.3: iMac 21,5" - Core i3 - 8GB Ram
Mac OS X 10.9.3: MacBook Air 13" - Core i5 - 4GB Ram

PreSonus FireStudio Mobile || PreSonus AudioBox 44 VSL || Alesis Active M1 MkII || CME XKey || NI Maschine

PreSonus Studio One Pro 2.6 || Pro Tools 10 || Digital Performer 8 || Ableton Live 9 || Maschine v2

SSL Duende Native || Plugin Alliance Transient Designer, Rack Pro, DrumXchanger || Softube Studio & Mix Bundle || ArtsAcoustic CL1 bundle, Reverb, Big Rock || FabFilter Total Bundle || FXPansion All Plugins || NI Komplete 8 || Synapse Audio DUNE || Tone2 ElectraX || Waldorf Largo || Image-Line Drumaxx || D16 Group Total Everything || Novation V-Synth, Basstation, FX Suite || Camel Audio Alchemy

Motoko || 64 Measures Music || YouTube || Mass Overflow || Manta Tracks
[WWW] [MSN]
replay707
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 13/09/2011 18:18:24
Messages: 100
Location: Arizona
Offline

Yes, Motoko has a good point. It's doubtful we will ever see this the same way, so we'd be wise to end it now.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 16/10/2011 20:30:39

Computer: iMac 27" i5 Quad Core 2.66 Ghz with 4Gb of 1067 DDR3 Ram
OS: OSX 10.7.2
Interface: MOTU Ultralite mk3
DAWS: Presonus Studio One 2 Pro v2.02, Pro Tools 9.03, Logic 9.1.5
Avatar by Alex Grey
LMike
Baconator
[Avatar]

Joined: 19/02/2011 12:02:34
Messages: 8233
Offline

Motoko wrote:Let's hope the full moon is over soon and we have v2 to keep us busy and making music.


Studio One Tips For Newbs

"So.... Bitwig. I wonder what's queued up next in line on the drama list?"
skip jones
Presonoid
[Avatar]

Joined: 28/07/2010 15:38:49
Messages: 1744
Location: Corpus Christi, Texas
Offline

Nice one, LMike.
http://support.presonus.com/home

Windows 7 X 32 (SP1) : AMD Phenom II X 4 945
ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM
8GB RAM/1T SATA 7200 RPM

PreSonus StudioLive 16.4.2, PreSonus FireStudio Project, PreSonus ABVSL 44, PreSonus ABVSL 1818, PreSonus Faderport

Yamaha S-08
Studio partner - Jack Russell named "Skooter"
PreSonus Studio One Professional 2.6.2
Fishman Triple Play / Logidy pedal
 
Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion
Go to: