image description


Any news about 2.0.5 update?
  Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion 
Author
Message
emrahcelik
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 08/11/2011 22:28:39
Messages: 350
Location: Stockholm - Sweden
Offline

Presonus has been used to update v2 almost every month but since 2.0.4 its been while. Is there any news about 2.0.5 ? I just can not wait

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 19/03/2012 20:37:38

Macbook pro 2011 (earlier)
OSX Always Latest
8 gb ram
750gb HDD 7200RPM
Focusrite saffire pro 24 DSP VRM
Studio one pro V2 Always Latest Version
Yamaha KX 49
Korg Nanopad2
Adam Audio A7 Monitors
Audio Technica ATH-M50
AKG K271 Studio
Sennheiser Momentum


http://soundcloud.com/emrahcelik
bm3w
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 28/07/2010 15:36:19
Messages: 282
Location: Seattle, USA
Offline



déjà vu?
Studio One Pro 2.6.2 x86 / x64 | RME HDSP 9632 | UAD-2 Solo | Yamaha KX25 | Akai MPD18 | Novation Nocturn | CME UF6 | Tannoy Reveal 501a
Windows 8.1 Pro x64 | Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R | Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 | 4GB RAM
Jason.Harris
Presonoid

Joined: 01/10/2010 16:19:09
Messages: 1649
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Offline

I'm still waiting on version 5... I want that C-USB Support!!!! (cranial universal serial bus)


emrahcelik
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 08/11/2011 22:28:39
Messages: 350
Location: Stockholm - Sweden
Offline

bm3w wrote:

déjà vu?


sorry fixed the topic to 2.0.5
Macbook pro 2011 (earlier)
OSX Always Latest
8 gb ram
750gb HDD 7200RPM
Focusrite saffire pro 24 DSP VRM
Studio one pro V2 Always Latest Version
Yamaha KX 49
Korg Nanopad2
Adam Audio A7 Monitors
Audio Technica ATH-M50
AKG K271 Studio
Sennheiser Momentum


http://soundcloud.com/emrahcelik
emrahcelik
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 08/11/2011 22:28:39
Messages: 350
Location: Stockholm - Sweden
Offline

Jason.Harris wrote:I'm still waiting on version 5... I want that C-USB Support!!!! (cranial universal serial bus)



Hi Jason, I got your point but i am just curious.
Macbook pro 2011 (earlier)
OSX Always Latest
8 gb ram
750gb HDD 7200RPM
Focusrite saffire pro 24 DSP VRM
Studio one pro V2 Always Latest Version
Yamaha KX 49
Korg Nanopad2
Adam Audio A7 Monitors
Audio Technica ATH-M50
AKG K271 Studio
Sennheiser Momentum


http://soundcloud.com/emrahcelik
ricstudioc
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 05/01/2011 22:49:35
Messages: 408
Offline

Jason.Harris wrote:I'm still waiting on version 5... I want that C-USB Support!!!! (cranial universal serial bus)



Oh no you don't! I know where it goes from there - one day I'm sitting quietly in my chair sequencing my next dance epic - the next day I'm being used as a battery by the machines. You can't put that one over on us....

(You CAN, however, develop a multichannel control surface. That'd be nice....)
Ric

"The amazing thing about the dancing bear is not how gracefully it dances - it's that it dances at all."
Jason.Harris
Presonoid

Joined: 01/10/2010 16:19:09
Messages: 1649
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Offline

I'm just sayin'... I've been asking for multi-channel-Brain interface for 15 years... I'm ready to plug in!!! LOL

sdrr00
Presonic

Joined: 29/07/2010 16:32:43
Messages: 185
Offline

theyre most likely working on a bigger 2.x release that well know about on wednesday
Jon Samuelson
Presonoid
[Avatar]
Joined: 24/10/2011 07:55:24
Messages: 2487
Offline

Jason.Harris wrote:I'm just sayin'... I've been asking for multi-channel-Brain interface for 15 years... I'm ready to plug in!!! LOL


And here is the prototype being tested in the Presonus Transylvania lab, complete with fiber optic multichannel interface and the new Presonus Medusa One Headset.



The actual wireless retail version is pictured below and is still in an early beta version.


Jon Samuelson
Presonoid
[Avatar]
Joined: 24/10/2011 07:55:24
Messages: 2487
Offline

http://www.cepro.com/article/hitachi_demos_brain_machine_interface_as_tv_remote/

Read more about such an actual device being made by Hitachi
yevster
Prenoob

Joined: 09/04/2011 04:08:06
Messages: 94
Offline

All jokes aside, there's plenty to be fixed and improved in 2.0.4, starting with performance. So less joking, more bug fixing. Chop chop! Daddy wants to dump his other DAW, but can't.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 20/03/2012 04:42:45

[WWW]
eigens
Prenoob
[Avatar]

Joined: 04/06/2011 08:37:24
Messages: 51
Offline

On the subject of performance......

On a mac it does crash a lot in 32bit mode. Only when dropping in new plugins that I can tell. So i save often.

Waves is 64 bit - Many others are 32 bit ( i.e. soundtoys ) - so on a mac one has to use 32 bit mode unless your willing to not use all those good plugins - We need a bridge!

litesnsirens
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 14/10/2011 19:44:12
Messages: 385
Location: Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Offline

The idea of a bridge for mac has been talked about a number of times, Presonus isn't going to do it and I don't blame them. It's 2012 for crying out loud, people have to get 64 bit if they want to stay in the game, I dumped IK Multimedia over it. Native Instrument is 64 bit and got my business because of it (and because it's a great bundle). Presonus is looking forward that's why we love them, let the companies that can't get their 64 bit act together build a bridge or lobby J-bridge for a mac version, but let's have Presonus keep their heads pointed in the right direction.
Kevin Neill
Studio One V2.0.4
2011 Macbook 2.0 GHz i7 Quadcore
8Gig RAM
Presonus Studio Live 16.0.2
Melodyne Editor 2.1
Native Instruments Komplete 8 Ultimate
eigens
Prenoob
[Avatar]

Joined: 04/06/2011 08:37:24
Messages: 51
Offline

There are a myriad of 32 bit plugins that I won't list that will never go 64 bit. For someone on a no budget these plugins are useful and it would be useful and a feature for presonus to supply a bridge just like logic and reaper do. I have waves and soundtoys but ill need to wait on soundtoys to go 64bit or dump sound toys which I'm not going to do - its more expensive than S1 ! The bottom line is its a feature for backward compatibility so we can make the 64bit move easier thats all.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 20/03/2012 05:41:35

Jon Samuelson
Presonoid
[Avatar]
Joined: 24/10/2011 07:55:24
Messages: 2487
Offline

yevster wrote:All jokes aside, there's plenty to be fixed and improved in 2.0.4, starting with performance. So less joking, more bug fixing. Chop chop! Daddy wants to dump his other DAW, but can't.


You don't have to dump anything but yesterday's lunch. I'm two-timing on my DAW love affair because two is better than one. Getting the job done creates its own rules. I don't have to choose between black and white, because I can have both, and more. [Options=opportunity]
 
Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion
Go to: