image description


I got $600 to spend: Omnisphere or Maschine?
  Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion 
Author
Message
gospeltunes
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 22/01/2011 23:40:48
Messages: 350
Location: Texas
Offline

My birthday was this past week and I got a little cash! I know they are two totally different animals but this is what I have narrowed my choices to.

I want the Maschine because:
Though I have never done MPC type programming before, learning a new method of making music might open up my creativity.
S1 doesn't offer step sequencing.
It looks super cool!
Glowing reviews from users!
It should intergrate nicely with my Komplete 7.


I want Omnishpere because:
I am a keyboard player
Glowing reviews from users
It might intergrate nicely with my Stylus RMX and Trilian.

What do you all think? You might have some points that I have not considered or might know how well these intergrate with S1.
Studio One Pro 2.0.3 64 bit - Intel i7 2600 @ 3.4GHz - Windows 7 64 bit
Audiobox VSL1818 - Presonus Faderport - JBL LSR4328P Monitors Novation 61SL
Casio CTK-7000 - NI Maschine
Blue Spark Mic - Alto headphone amp
Komplete 7 - Stylus RMX - Trilian - Scarbee funk guitarist - EZ Drummer - EZ Mix(2)
Melodyne Editor - Valhalla Room - EarReckon Reverb - Nomad Factory Liquid Bundle
Rob Papen Delay - Sonimus SatsonBuss and Satson Channel
Sonar Home Studio
[WWW]
bobbybland
Presonoid
[Avatar]

Joined: 31/07/2010 05:15:09
Messages: 1268
Location: Florida or on the Road
Offline

be patient and wait for the deal,n snatch them up both. I've saw omni as low as 250.00 on sites like kvr, and obviously maschine micro is out now.. so even lower price new,plus comes with a free expansion. just thinking on a way to get you both, as choosing between those two,is almost impossible,imo..
Software:S1v2 Pro Tools 10/Logic 9/Cubase 7- Awaiting Bitwig Studio, got a few synths..
Hardware: Mac/Pc: Nektar P6,Maschine
bigcohoona
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 29/07/2010 23:15:11
Messages: 577
Offline

Not sure what the trends are right now for Spectrasonics.

I have Omni and I can tell you that if they added a phenomenal piano and regular string section, it would probably be all I'd ever use. Every time I go to purchase a new library for Kontakt I check out to see if Omni has it in there and 9/10 it is already included. Spectrasonics added most of their sample content from years gone by. It is amazing.

So is Maschine though. I personally would wait on both for just a tad. Namm is right around the corner and with RMX needing an update my thought is that there may be a new VST instrument coming for Spectrasonics and with NI doing away with Kore this year, there may be a slightly different version of the Maschine flagship coming with better control over the VST's.

They are both totally separate beasts though. If you need Drums/Rhythms go with Maschine, if you need everything else besides a good piano and strings go with Omnisphere.

What part of Tejas are you from? I graduated from Texas State awhile back but I'm far from the South now:/

~C

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 17/11/2011 20:51:38

"The Art of 'good enough' is often the key to an artisan's success"

--Mac Pro, S1, Ableton, Spectrasonics, NI, Miktek & Blue Mics, Mcpherson & Taylor Guitars, Schroeder's Piano, and a Partridge Family 8-track.
[WWW]
scottharrell
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 16/04/2009 15:19:21
Messages: 291
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Offline

I'm a big fan of Maschines workflow. the sounds sets are nice as well. And it can be a host now.
just some dude that hangs out at presonus
[WWW]
gospeltunes
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 22/01/2011 23:40:48
Messages: 350
Location: Texas
Offline

bobbybland wrote:be patient and wait for the deal,n snatch them up both. I've saw omni as low as 250.00 on sites like kvr, and obviously maschine micro is out now.. so even lower price new,plus comes with a free expansion. just thinking on a way to get you both, as choosing between those two,is almost impossible,imo..


Having both would be incredible. You're starting to make me dream a little bigger. Thanks for the tip about kvr. I thought about the micro, but I've always liked having as many displays as possible.
Studio One Pro 2.0.3 64 bit - Intel i7 2600 @ 3.4GHz - Windows 7 64 bit
Audiobox VSL1818 - Presonus Faderport - JBL LSR4328P Monitors Novation 61SL
Casio CTK-7000 - NI Maschine
Blue Spark Mic - Alto headphone amp
Komplete 7 - Stylus RMX - Trilian - Scarbee funk guitarist - EZ Drummer - EZ Mix(2)
Melodyne Editor - Valhalla Room - EarReckon Reverb - Nomad Factory Liquid Bundle
Rob Papen Delay - Sonimus SatsonBuss and Satson Channel
Sonar Home Studio
[WWW]
gospeltunes
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 22/01/2011 23:40:48
Messages: 350
Location: Texas
Offline

bigcohoona wrote:Not sure what the trends are right now for Spectrasonics.

I have Omni and I can tell you that if they added a phenomenal piano and regular string section, it would probably be all I'd ever use. Every time I go to purchase a new library for Kontakt I check out to see if Omni has it in there and 9/10 it is already included. Spectrasonics added most of their sample content from years gone by. It is amazing.

So is Maschine though. I personally would wait on both for just a tad. Namm is right around the corner and with RMX needing an update my thought is that there may be a new VST instrument coming for Spectrasonics and with NI doing away with Kore this year, there may be a slightly different version of the Maschine flagship coming with better control over the VST's.

They are both totally separate beasts though. If you need Drums/Rhythms go with Maschine, if you need everything else besides a good piano and strings go with Omnisphere.

What part of Tejas are you from? I graduated from Texas State awhile back but I'm far from the South now:/

~C


Waiting for something new to come out at Namm sounds like a pretty good idea. At the very least, if Spectrasonics announces something new, then Omnisphere prices will probably drop even more like bobbybland suggested.

I'm from Fort Worth, and a Texas A&M alum who is trying to survive this football season.
Studio One Pro 2.0.3 64 bit - Intel i7 2600 @ 3.4GHz - Windows 7 64 bit
Audiobox VSL1818 - Presonus Faderport - JBL LSR4328P Monitors Novation 61SL
Casio CTK-7000 - NI Maschine
Blue Spark Mic - Alto headphone amp
Komplete 7 - Stylus RMX - Trilian - Scarbee funk guitarist - EZ Drummer - EZ Mix(2)
Melodyne Editor - Valhalla Room - EarReckon Reverb - Nomad Factory Liquid Bundle
Rob Papen Delay - Sonimus SatsonBuss and Satson Channel
Sonar Home Studio
[WWW]
gospeltunes
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 22/01/2011 23:40:48
Messages: 350
Location: Texas
Offline

scottharrell wrote:I'm a big fan of Maschines workflow. the sounds sets are nice as well. And it can be a host now.


Do you think it's intuitive for someone who has not come from a MPC background?
Studio One Pro 2.0.3 64 bit - Intel i7 2600 @ 3.4GHz - Windows 7 64 bit
Audiobox VSL1818 - Presonus Faderport - JBL LSR4328P Monitors Novation 61SL
Casio CTK-7000 - NI Maschine
Blue Spark Mic - Alto headphone amp
Komplete 7 - Stylus RMX - Trilian - Scarbee funk guitarist - EZ Drummer - EZ Mix(2)
Melodyne Editor - Valhalla Room - EarReckon Reverb - Nomad Factory Liquid Bundle
Rob Papen Delay - Sonimus SatsonBuss and Satson Channel
Sonar Home Studio
[WWW]
sdrr00
Presonic

Joined: 29/07/2010 16:32:43
Messages: 185
Offline

maschine for sure!! amazing workflow will definitely take you to place youve never been...

i cant stand omnisphere, from the fact that its library is locked, only using Spectraosnic sounds, and the fact that every single sound has a huge "spectrasonic" sound signature, you can stop them in a track a mile away... use more than 1 in a song and your fucked.. honestly i think omnisphere is the ultimate con vst ever, so much "power" with nothing to show for it.. its for those who lack creativity, who expect going to mecca is going to give them an awesome religious experience because they cant find it on their own anywhere else.
gospeltunes
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 22/01/2011 23:40:48
Messages: 350
Location: Texas
Offline

sdrr00 wrote:maschine for sure!! amazing workflow will definitely take you to place youve never been...

i cant stand omnisphere, from the fact that its library is locked, only using Spectraosnic sounds, and the fact that every single sound has a huge "spectrasonic" sound signature, you can stop them in a track a mile away... use more than 1 in a song and your fucked.. honestly i think omnisphere is the ultimate con vst ever, so much "power" with nothing to show for it.. its for those who lack creativity, who expect going to mecca is going to give them an awesome religious experience because they cant find it on their own anywhere else.


Tell me what you really think!
Studio One Pro 2.0.3 64 bit - Intel i7 2600 @ 3.4GHz - Windows 7 64 bit
Audiobox VSL1818 - Presonus Faderport - JBL LSR4328P Monitors Novation 61SL
Casio CTK-7000 - NI Maschine
Blue Spark Mic - Alto headphone amp
Komplete 7 - Stylus RMX - Trilian - Scarbee funk guitarist - EZ Drummer - EZ Mix(2)
Melodyne Editor - Valhalla Room - EarReckon Reverb - Nomad Factory Liquid Bundle
Rob Papen Delay - Sonimus SatsonBuss and Satson Channel
Sonar Home Studio
[WWW]
gospeltunes
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 22/01/2011 23:40:48
Messages: 350
Location: Texas
Offline

While checking out some videos on YouTube, I came across an Electri6ity promo. I used to want that VI but I forgot about it. Anybody have experience with it?
Studio One Pro 2.0.3 64 bit - Intel i7 2600 @ 3.4GHz - Windows 7 64 bit
Audiobox VSL1818 - Presonus Faderport - JBL LSR4328P Monitors Novation 61SL
Casio CTK-7000 - NI Maschine
Blue Spark Mic - Alto headphone amp
Komplete 7 - Stylus RMX - Trilian - Scarbee funk guitarist - EZ Drummer - EZ Mix(2)
Melodyne Editor - Valhalla Room - EarReckon Reverb - Nomad Factory Liquid Bundle
Rob Papen Delay - Sonimus SatsonBuss and Satson Channel
Sonar Home Studio
[WWW]
bigcohoona
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 29/07/2010 23:15:11
Messages: 577
Offline

gospeltunes wrote:

Waiting for something new to come out at Namm sounds like a pretty good idea. At the very least, if Spectrasonics announces something new, then Omnisphere prices will probably drop even more like bobbybland suggested.

I'm from Fort Worth, and a Texas A&M alum who is trying to survive this football season.


Lol! If I had known what A&M was all about when I moved back to Texas I would have gone there instead. One of the guys who worked for me at Texas State was a Corps Grad, but didn't graduate from the school... one was more important than the other to him, then he graduated from TSU. He took me to one of the games and I got to hang with the Corps... a total blast! Alas no bonfire though

I used to work at the Barnes and Nobles there in Arlington right off the highway.. actually I got to open it and it was the 2nd Starbucks in Texas if you can believe that! I should have bought stock!

Heard y'all finally got some rain down there.

Just noticed your name.. Kirk Franklin?

~C

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 17/11/2011 22:02:42

"The Art of 'good enough' is often the key to an artisan's success"

--Mac Pro, S1, Ableton, Spectrasonics, NI, Miktek & Blue Mics, Mcpherson & Taylor Guitars, Schroeder's Piano, and a Partridge Family 8-track.
[WWW]
dogcatstudios
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 03/05/2011 08:55:11
Messages: 100
Location: Wroclaw. Poland
Offline

It is bad that there is "or" in the question - you should really get both of them. Maschine is great - especially with some third party sounds. Omni is amazing while used properly - stripped of big verbs and tamed down a bit. But I like its weight - it sounds big in a good way. But I would wait for the next birthday, save a bit and buy Dave Smith Tempest. No, wait, I would buy Omni and Maschine now and the Tempest for Christmas. Food and bills can wait.
www.artsunmuted.com - Lemurized control surfaces for leading sound libraries including ProjectSAM Symphobia and Audiiobro LASS
[WWW]
MR4Y
Presonoid

Joined: 23/10/2011 08:44:32
Messages: 1275
Location: Araras - SP - Brazil
Offline

gospeltunes wrote:While checking out some videos on YouTube, I came across an Electri6ity promo. I used to want that VI but I forgot about it. Anybody have experience with it?


Prominy LPC, SC and V-Metal win big time. Someone still have to come up with a guitar guitar VI that sound as good as what Prominy does:

To prove that, close your eyes and play the video below:


HP G42 | AMD Athlon II P340 | 2Gb RAM | HD 320 Gb | Windows 7 Home Basic x64
Presonus Studio One Artist 2.0.4 x86 | MAGIX Samplitude Silver Soundcloud Edition
Line 6 POD XT Live

How can anyone call something so divisive a community?
[WWW] [MSN]
gospeltunes
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 22/01/2011 23:40:48
Messages: 350
Location: Texas
Offline

bigcohoona wrote:
gospeltunes wrote:

Waiting for something new to come out at Namm sounds like a pretty good idea. At the very least, if Spectrasonics announces something new, then Omnisphere prices will probably drop even more like bobbybland suggested.

I'm from Fort Worth, and a Texas A&M alum who is trying to survive this football season.


Lol! If I had known what A&M was all about when I moved back to Texas I would have gone there instead. One of the guys who worked for me at Texas State was a Corps Grad, but didn't graduate from the school... one was more important than the other to him, then he graduated from TSU. He took me to one of the games and I got to hang with the Corps... a total blast! Alas no bonfire though

I used to work at the Barnes and Nobles there in Arlington right off the highway.. actually I got to open it and it was the 2nd Starbucks in Texas if you can believe that! I should have bought stock!

Heard y'all finally got some rain down there.

Just noticed your name.. Kirk Franklin?

~C


I wasn't in the Corps, but I have a nephew who is in the Corps now, and he loves it.

Sorry, I'm not Kirk , but I did know him before he became a full blown gospel star. I'm sure he doesn't remember my name now, but he might recognize my face. But maybe Studio One will help me be the next Fort Worth musician to get get some good gospel music out to the masses.
Studio One Pro 2.0.3 64 bit - Intel i7 2600 @ 3.4GHz - Windows 7 64 bit
Audiobox VSL1818 - Presonus Faderport - JBL LSR4328P Monitors Novation 61SL
Casio CTK-7000 - NI Maschine
Blue Spark Mic - Alto headphone amp
Komplete 7 - Stylus RMX - Trilian - Scarbee funk guitarist - EZ Drummer - EZ Mix(2)
Melodyne Editor - Valhalla Room - EarReckon Reverb - Nomad Factory Liquid Bundle
Rob Papen Delay - Sonimus SatsonBuss and Satson Channel
Sonar Home Studio
[WWW]
gospeltunes
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 22/01/2011 23:40:48
Messages: 350
Location: Texas
Offline

dogcatstudios wrote:It is bad that there is "or" in the question - you should really get both of them. Maschine is great - especially with some third party sounds. Omni is amazing while used properly - stripped of big verbs and tamed down a bit. But I like its weight - it sounds big in a good way. But I would wait for the next birthday, save a bit and buy Dave Smith Tempest. No, wait, I would buy Omni and Maschine now and the Tempest for Christmas. Food and bills can wait.

Now that sounds like a plan

@MR4Y That video is impressive!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 18/11/2011 01:23:47

Studio One Pro 2.0.3 64 bit - Intel i7 2600 @ 3.4GHz - Windows 7 64 bit
Audiobox VSL1818 - Presonus Faderport - JBL LSR4328P Monitors Novation 61SL
Casio CTK-7000 - NI Maschine
Blue Spark Mic - Alto headphone amp
Komplete 7 - Stylus RMX - Trilian - Scarbee funk guitarist - EZ Drummer - EZ Mix(2)
Melodyne Editor - Valhalla Room - EarReckon Reverb - Nomad Factory Liquid Bundle
Rob Papen Delay - Sonimus SatsonBuss and Satson Channel
Sonar Home Studio
[WWW]
 
Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion
Go to: